Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does the Bible and God say is Christian

+4
RV
Sprintcyclist
Crusader
Casey Jones
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What does the Bible and God say is Christian Empty What does the Bible and God say is Christian

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:36 pm

RV wrote:Rather than follow what someone on the Internet says is "christian", I will follow what the Bible and God says is Christian.
RV bought up a very good query here. What does the Bible and God say is Christian ?

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

What does the Bible and God say is Christian Empty Re: What does the Bible and God say is Christian

Post by Casey Jones Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:59 pm

It's a long bit of what He says.

Find a Bible - if it's legal in your country. Read it. It will probably take you three months to fully read it...the first time.

That will introduce you to what God said. Whether you accept it or not, it will tell you what Christians are to do, and believe.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Cotton likes this post

Back to top Go down

What does the Bible and God say is Christian Empty Re: What does the Bible and God say is Christian

Post by Crusader Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:41 pm

You can't pack the whole New Testament into this thread and answer a broad, open ended question like that. There are dozens of denominations of evangelical Christians and Catholic Christians. We can't all even agree on which texts are divinely inspired. You need to narrow down your question to get any coherent answers from amateurs like us.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:41 am

Casey Jones wrote:It's a long bit of what He says.

Find a Bible - if it's legal in your country.  Read it.  It will probably take you three months to fully read it...the first time.

That will introduce you to what God said.  Whether you accept it or not, it will tell you what Christians are to do, and believe.

Thanks for your advice. I've read it 3 times, cover to cover. I am a Christian

Sprintcyclist

Cotton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:59 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:It's a long bit of what He says.

Find a Bible - if it's legal in your country.  Read it.  It will probably take you three months to fully read it...the first time.

That will introduce you to what God said.  Whether you accept it or not, it will tell you what Christians are to do, and believe.

Thanks for your advice. I've read it 3 times, cover to cover. I am a Christian

Then you should have no questions on what God says. Or, if you do, you have the place to find the answers.

If you're in doubt, your minister could perhaps help you. Online or in a library, a concordance, like this one (a quick search)

https://www.biblestudytools.com/concordances/strongs-exhaustive-concordance/

might help you.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:54 pm

I wanted to see what others thought.
Evidently they unsure of what the Bible and God say is Christian
Funny, given some here are such overt christians

Sprintcyclist

Cotton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:51 am

First off, the Son of God does NOT specifically name His followers "Christians". Christians were named that because they follow Christ, do His will and obey His commandments.

Unfortunately, the name "Christian" is used and abused by ANYONE and EVERYONE who wishes to represent themselves as "christian, holy, sinless, etc." Following Christ does NOT mean that one is "perfect, sinless, righteous" because being a true Christian means that one is aware that they NEED God, NEED Christ and NEED salvation because they are a sinner.

Last edited by RV on Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:49 am

A belief in God alone does not make one a Christian.
Jews believe in the same God,  but are not Christian.
One must believe in Christ in order to be Christian.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

RV and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:38 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:A beleif in God alone does not make one a Christian.
Jews believe in the same God,  but are not Christian.
One must believe in Christ in order to be Christian.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The devil and his demons believe in Jesus Christ and they tremble at the very mention of His name. So you are absolutely correct that belief alone does not make one a Christian.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:11 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:I wanted to see what others thought.
Evidently they unsure of what the Bible and God say is Christian
Funny, given some here are such overt christians

Not to judge but in my short time here I've noticed the gang of Christians ("free the Political Haven 9" lol ) echo one another and it's always " the bible Said that or this etc

Are Christians discouraged from using. Their own mind and having original thoughts unique maybe only to them?

I also do not like the fact religion is fear based

:you will go to hell if you blah blah blah " oh stfu
Cotton
Cotton

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next