Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pepsi and Lays products pulld from shelves in Europe

5 posters

Go down

Pepsi and Lays products pulld from shelves in Europe Empty Pepsi and Lays products pulld from shelves in Europe

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 pm

over price increases.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/04/business/carrefour-france-pepsi-rising-prices/index.html

we should be doing the same. Our stores won't pull them..so it's up to us to not buy them.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Pepsi and Lays products pulld from shelves in Europe Empty Re: Pepsi and Lays products pulld from shelves in Europe

Post by Crusader Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:13 am

Stores are free to do business or not with whomever they want. If their goal is to lower prices for their customers, I can't argue with them. If I buy sodas, I've found the cheap store brand sodas are just as good if not better than Coke or Pepsi. Same goes for potato chips.
Crusader
Crusader

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pepsi and Lays products pulld from shelves in Europe Empty Re: Pepsi and Lays products pulld from shelves in Europe

Post by RV Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:25 pm

Price increases will never be a reason to pull anything from the shelves thanks to "Bidenomics". Live worse, pay more.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:49 pm

Crusader wrote:Stores are free to do business or not with whomever they want.  If their goal is to lower prices for their customers,  I can't argue with them.  If I buy sodas, I've found the cheap store brand sodas are just as good if not better than Coke or Pepsi.  Same goes for potato chips.

True enough. Although, and I looked a little closer on another board and in some news articles, it seems a store chain in France thought it could ORDER lower prices.

Those suppliers couldn't or wouldn't comply. Probably they're justified; perhaps not, but that's their watch.

So those stores won't carry those products.

That's how it is. I'm not a Costco member, but they have a limited selection of brands, with heavy emphasis on their house brand, Kirkland. Because their whole theme is low prices for members - and many producers cannot meet expectations, and/or don't want to sell at no margin when they could sell their production to other grocers at a higher markup.

All of these are within their rights. And if Costco wants to go the way of Shopko...they may, also.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:50 pm

RV wrote: Live worse, pay more.

Own nuffink; eat ze bugs.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Not a big loss. All those products do is make people fat and unhealthy. The only Pepsi product I'll drink these days is Aquafina bottled water.
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:42 pm

Keith wrote:Not a big loss. All those products do is make people fat and unhealthy. The only Pepsi product I'll drink these days is Aquafina bottled water.

is tht spring water or purified water. Probably be a good idea to start watching the label on many of these waters too. Just like the soft drinks.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:51 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
Keith wrote:Not a big loss. All those products do is make people fat and unhealthy. The only Pepsi product I'll drink these days is Aquafina bottled water.

is tht spring water or purified water.  Probably be a good idea to start watching the label on many of these waters too. Just like the soft drinks.

It's purified water, but I've never had an issue with it. I used to get it from the vending machine at my old job, because there was nothing else it offered that I liked to drink. Nowadays, I mostly drink Propel electrolyte water.
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down