Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US gdp up 4.9 %. Well done Mr Biden

+7
billy the kid
Red Lily
vege57
Casey Jones
Calypso Jones
JMWinPR
Sprintcyclist
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

US gdp up 4.9 %. Well done Mr Biden - Page 6 Empty Re: US gdp up 4.9 %. Well done Mr Biden

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:55 pm

jirqoadai wrote:i highly doubt DBs post was aimed AT me, but to expound upon my 35% readings, i USED to shop for everything that costed under or at one buck. the magical number now is $1.35. the sad part though is everything that used to cost $1.45 now costs $2.80

I have forwarded your methodology to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

US gdp up 4.9 %. Well done Mr Biden - Page 6 Empty Re: US gdp up 4.9 %. Well done Mr Biden

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:00 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:i highly doubt DBs post was aimed AT me, but to expound upon my 35% readings, i USED to shop for everything that costed under or at one buck. the magical number now is $1.35. the sad part though is everything that used to cost $1.45 now costs $2.80

I have forwarded your methodology to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

Look at all the effort he BLS goes to !!
Your way of using just a few items at the local shop is much easier.
Why do they bother?

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) calculates CPI inflation by gathering spending data from tens of thousands of regular consumers around the U.S. It tracks a basket of commonly purchased goods and services, including things like food, gasoline, computers, prescription drugs, college tuition and mortgage payments, to gauge how prices generally change over time.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:39 pm

I've never met a moar gullible swallower of government propaganda IN MY LIFE.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:11 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:As soon as you use % to drive a point you are trying to deceive a situation to benefit your position in some way . Show the numbers and their breakdown and application .

reuters used a %age.
percentages have been normal practice for the past century.
50% of an apple is half an apple - you can eat that
50% of a truck load of apples is a shit load of apples yet its the same 50%. You ain't going to eat all those apples so don't ask us to .
Reuters and saying something is normal practice is a copout for someone thats driving that point - truthful or not .
Use a whole number or be a deceiver because you're trying to hide something .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:14 pm

Figures lie and liars figure.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:01 pm

I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking Sprint for what they all do but don't fall into the trap when your trying to drive the point . You lose credibility .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:58 pm

Yeah.

Who am I gonna believe? My grocery bill...or some guy in New Zealand, who's addicted to government-propaganda channels?

FWIW, the way they're arriving with this figure, is USING CONSTANT DOLLARS. If I'm paying 25 percent more for food, and with my Railroad Union contract, got a 5-percent COLA raise (official, dishonest government figures) then, since I'm making "more" and I'm surely spending more for food (more than the more I'm making)...gee, the GDP is up!

No it isn't. Value of the dollar is DOWN.

This should be obvious to anyone except Democrats, but apparently it's not.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:22 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Yeah.

Who am I gonna believe?  My grocery bill...or some guy in New Zealand, who's addicted to government-propaganda channels?

FWIW, the way they're arriving with this figure, is USING CONSTANT DOLLARS.  If I'm paying 25 percent more for food, and with my Railroad Union contract, got a 5-percent COLA raise (official, dishonest government figures) then, since I'm making "more" and I'm surely spending more for food (more than the more I'm making)...gee, the GDP is up!

No it isn't.  Value of the dollar is DOWN.

My COLA ss increase was $32.

In early 2020 while trump was in his final year of presidency, i could fill a basket with a month's worth of food at Wal-Mart for $160.

Last month, it cost me $325.
I'm going there tomorrow. Growing up the family grocery business of 73 years, im very keen on prices and value. I do a little estimate of my list costs every time i go shopping .

I figure my cost at Walmart tomorrow at $288 .

Thats no meat! You dont want to buy "fresh" meat at walmart.

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:19 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:Yeah.

Who am I gonna believe?  My grocery bill...or some guy in New Zealand, who's addicted to government-propaganda channels?

FWIW, the way they're arriving with this figure, is USING CONSTANT DOLLARS.  If I'm paying 25 percent more for food, and with my Railroad Union contract, got a 5-percent COLA raise (official, dishonest government figures) then, since I'm making "more" and I'm surely spending more for food (more than the more I'm making)...gee, the GDP is up!

No it isn't.  Value of the dollar is DOWN.

My COLA ss increase was $32.

In early 2020 while trump was in his final year of presidency, i could fill a basket with a month's worth of food at Wal-Mart for $160.

Last month,  it cost me $325.
I'm going there tomorrow.  Growing up the family grocery business of 73 years, im very keen on prices and value. I do a little estimate of my list costs every time i go shopping .

I figure my cost at Walmart tomorrow at $288 .

Thats no meat! You dont want to buy "fresh" meat at walmart.

And these prices are here to stay . Producers may offer incentives to grocers to run a buy one get one sale or a dollar sale when the supply backs up because no one is buying and the stock is getting close to the expiration date but the high price is the new benchmark . They can produce with less effort and payroll and they maintain that profit they made last quarter for products that are less in weight and quality . There's no customer allegiance because they've given that following the middle finger .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:35 pm

Daily Bread wrote:

And these prices are here to stay  . Producers may offer incentives to grocers to run a buy one get one sale or a dollar sale when the supply backs up because no one is buying and the stock is getting close to the expiration date but the high price is the new benchmark . They can produce with less effort and payroll and they maintain that profit they made last quarter for products that are less in weight and quality . There's no customer allegiance because they've given that following the middle finger .

Yeah. The New Normal. Get used to it.

One measure of how prosperous a society is, is how much the average person spends, of his income, on food. In chaos, such as the aftermath of WWII, people spent every penny they had on food. And that wasn't enough.

As time went on, even with assistance in rebuilding...even in the early 1970s, in France, housewives were spending about half the total budget on food. For that reason, and others, a private car was out of the question for most French families, which meant the less-efficient local grocery stands and milk-wagons, selling fruits and other food as well.

It's a hard hole to climb out of; it took 60 years for Europe to get to true prosperity. And now they, and we, are going to go take a dive again.

We're moving from a high-trust society to a low-trust situation...another indication of social collapse. When it ends, there will be greater trust - and if we're fortunate, we'll emerge with some Western values, such as hard work and cleanliness, intact. Italy and France were poor places; but they were clean places. Displaced-people settling in the US in the 1940s were more poor than any inner-city trash, black or white; but the Italian housewives, with no money, would still scrub their front stoops every morning.

We can live well in poverty - IF we keep the values that made us great, the values that, when lost, led us to collapse.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next