Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape

+5
Sprintcyclist
Calypso Jones
2cent
Thom Paine
Keith
9 posters

:: Media :: Hollywood

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape Empty "That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape

Post by Keith Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:12 pm

Some of you may know him best as the rebellious druggie Stephen Hyde.

“That 70s Show” actor Danny Masterson on Thursday was sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape of two women.

A jury convicted the actor and Scientologist on two counts of rape.

In May, Masterson was charged with raping three women at his Hollywood Hills home between 2001 and 2003.

The Gateway Pundit
Keith
Keith

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

"That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape Empty Re: "That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:42 pm

I hear that these last two in particular were an he said/she said kinda trial with no evidence and happened QUITE Awhile back. What's the point in bringing up Rape charges if indeed they're true OR NOT, at a late date. Seems the time in between means you had accepted it if not gotten over it.

maybe i'm being hard hearted but i've come to the conclusion that not all these women are truthful.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

"That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape Empty Re: "That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape

Post by 2cent Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:07 pm

I, too, wondered at the 20-year gap, but what has me more curios is that 3 charges of rape, over a 3-year period, were all tried at one trial.

Two things make me give the women the benefit of the doubt: 1) Rape is an horrific charge to come forward with, but, having found 2 others with the same complaint gave the courage to come forward. 2) That one of three charges went into deadlock, and the other 2 found guilty. Tells me the jury was made up of independent thinkers.

And for another - That's a mighty strong sentence. Leaves ya thinking that there has to be truth to their stories. Does me, anyway.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Thom Paine Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:01 am

20 years after ?
clear and precise memories?
I don't think so...

Murderers often do not get that much time

Something a bit amiss here.

Thom Paine

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:10 am

I don't believe all these women at this point.  Isn't it odd that only celebrities and republican politicians rape women 20 years ago.  I'm not seein' a lot of this in the general public.  Which ALSO makes me doubtful.

https://thepoliticswatcher.com/pages/articles/congress/2023/9/8/danny-masterson-rape-charges-political-motivation-unveiled

Now..i don't know if the guy is guilty or not...but 20 years is a little long to finally decide to bring charges. How about some more recent charges.   And frankly. At this late date, i'd like to see some really relevant, tangible, overwhelming evidence rather than some emotional statement from the witness box. Too many people are good at that.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-18/actor-danny-masterson-rape-charges-court-appearance
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Thom Paine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:30 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I don't believe all these women at this point.  Isn't it odd that only celebrities and republican politicians rape women 20 years ago.  I'm not seein' a lot of this in the general public.  Which ALSO makes me doubtful.

https://thepoliticswatcher.com/pages/articles/congress/2023/9/8/danny-masterson-rape-charges-political-motivation-unveiled
From the PW article:
The ongoing debate about politics and its influence on various aspects of society, including the entertainment industry and criminal justice system, underscores the importance of critical thinking and unbiased evaluation of information. It urges individuals to consider multiple perspectives and question the underlying motivations behind actions and accusations.
While that is all very true, and what I tried to do when reading, and responding to, the OP article, no where does this author connect politics to Masterson's case.

Now..i don't know if the guy is guilty or not...but 20 years is a little long to finally decide to bring charges. How about some more recent charges.   And frankly.  At this late date, i'd like to see some really relevant, tangible, overwhelming evidence rather than some emotional statement from the witness box.   Too many people are good at that.  

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-18/actor-danny-masterson-rape-charges-court-appearance

Negatives towards Masterson:
“He is absolutely not guilty and we’re going to prove it,” said Mesereau, who famously defended singer Michael Jackson against child molestation charges.
Need anyone say anything?

In that suit, four women accused Masterson of sexually assaulting them and said that after they came forward, the actor, along with affiliates of the Church of Scientology, sought to silence and intimidate them. The lawsuit contends that Masterson has worked as a field staff member for Scientology-related organizations.

That woman [a second woman] alleged she became “very sick and disoriented” after drinking a beverage at Masterson’s home, according to the lawsuit. She said in the suit that after she began feeling ill, Masterson brought her into a bathroom, undressed her and sexually assaulted her in the shower.
--------------

Positives:
The women’s claims first gained public notice in a 2017 civil suit. Masterson has repeatedly denied the claims and said they were motivated by the producer of an anti-Scientology television series. Masterson has identified himself as a practicing Scientologist.
Not sure what to make of that, actually, because the Liberals generally embrace Scientologists.

The LAPD presented its case to the district attorney’s office in April 2017, but prosecutors repeatedly asked for further investigation. Ultimately, the D.A.’s office reviewed allegations from five women, declining to bring charges in two cases.
Seems the prosecutors had to work awfully hard to find evidence.

One of the plaintiffs, Chrissie Bixler, alleged that while dating Masterson, he assaulted her “on more than one occasion” in late 2001 or early 2002, and that one of the attacks occurred while she was unconscious.
Umm ...and this woman retained credibility? Seriously?

The attorneys have noted that the claims do not mention that the plaintiffs “all had long-standing relationships with Mr. Masterson.” The lawyers have also said that the “original claims” stemmed from “prior consensual relationships.”
I suppose all that held no weight for the judge nor jury? How dense are these people?

Still, I completely understand and appreciate how hard it is to come forward with an allegation of rape. Nevertheless, I won't take the word of a reporterette; especially one from the LA Times.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:10 am

This all bears a striking resemblance to the salem witch trials.  Now these masterson accuser are going after other so called stars...Kutcher and Kunis for what looks like defending Masterson.  

https://pagesix.com/2023/09/09/danny-masterson-accuser-slams-ashton-kutcher-mila-kunis-over-pre-sentencing-letters/

I don't know yet.  i didn't finish the article.  i don't care for either actor but i just note how we're in some kind of alternate universe.

"That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape F54-YMVTW8-AATCRj

yeaaah......they got problems. "That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for rape 1435984250
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:11 am

Calypso Jones wrote:I don't believe all these women at this point.  Isn't it odd that only celebrities and republican politicians rape women 20 years ago.  I'm not seein' a lot of this in the general public.  Which ALSO makes me doubtful.

Now..i don't know if the guy is guilty or not...but 20 years is a little long to finally decide to bring charges. How about some more recent charges.   And frankly.  At this late date, i'd like to see some really relevant, tangible, overwhelming evidence rather than some emotional statement from the witness box.   Too many people are good at that.  

Are you feeling ok?
It took you 2 posts to come up with a conspiracy theory.
I'm concerned for you

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:30 pm

No one should be imprisoned for 30 years for something that supposedly happened 20 years back in which there is no physical evidence. If you disagree with me, what happens when you're next?
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

Calypso Jones and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:58 pm

you'd think there's be some kind of statute of limitations.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next