Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The August 23, 2023 FIRST Republican debate

+3
Wyatt Earp
Sprintcyclist
Calypso Jones
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The August 23, 2023 FIRST Republican debate - Page 2 Empty Re: The August 23, 2023 FIRST Republican debate

Post by 2cent Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:51 pm

Tucker cracked me up with his quips re: Chris Wallace. Flat statement: "Not a friend."
Then, "Bitchy little man." lol "Fussy little man."

I guess no huge surprise that Tucker saw Wallace for the putz he was. Was a bit magnanimous re: Mike. "At least he had talent."

I was a bit surprised that Trump leaned toward believing Epps committed suicide. So was Tucker, obviously.

**Some guy by the name of Penn was brought up. Does anyone know who they were referring to?

2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

The August 23, 2023 FIRST Republican debate - Page 2 Empty Re: The August 23, 2023 FIRST Republican debate

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:06 am

Trump wasn't there, doofus.

Tucker called Chris Wallace a bitchy little man. Lol

Trump said Chris is not his father, Mike. Mike had talent.

Haley came off as not ready for prime time.

Mike pence and Christy got slammed hard for running their smarmy butts over to ukraine to give obeisance to st zelensky and boy were they chomping at the bit to defend themselves. Neither of these guys have a snowballs chance

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:15 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

...........  "Big buildup, lots of money spent, yet only 139 people showed up for DeSantis in Staten Island," Trump wrote on Truth Social.

Trump criticized DeSantis for the crowd size, despite it being an invite-only event hosted by the New York State Fraternal Order of Police. It began at 7:30 a.m. in a room that seats up to 140 people only.

The former president later made a similar statement while speaking to a crowd of his supporters on Presidents Day at the Trump 45 Club in West Palm Beach, Florida.

"Ron DeSanctimonious had a crowd on Staten Island today: 139 people on Staten Island. We've got a lot of people. We've got 139 times 30," Trump said.          ............

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-waco-rally-crowd-size-smaller-1790873

trump tells untruths and uses immature abusive terms.

Assertion is not proof.

Give us what untrue things he said.

And you can note where, on the time bar, Trump said these untruths.

And you know that's untrue?

Do you know the difference between opinion and fact?

Do you want to live in a world where OPINIONS are punished as untruths? I hope you do. Because your preferred leaders are making that world.

It's a world of Maoism, of Stalinism, of Thoughtcrime and of fearful peasants who can be arrested and killed for not showing the proper opinion, or not being enthusiastic enough of it.

So, now. Go back to the interview with Trump, and tell us what untrue things he said. Use the progress bar to indicate where in time he said it, so we can go and listen.

And tell us why each is untrue.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:27 am

Don't be holding your breath.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:29 am

2cent wrote:Tucker cracked me up with his quips re: Chris Wallace.  Flat statement:  "Not a friend."
Then, "Bitchy little man."  lol  "Fussy little man."  

I guess no huge surprise that Tucker saw Wallace for the putz he was.  Was a bit magnanimous re: Mike.  "At least he had talent."

The senior Wallace was also, in his way, a radical. But remember, television was new and his open championing alternate viewpoints - interviewing people like Rev. M. L. King, Ayn Rand, and John Howard Griffin (Black Like Me) was a new thing. These were voices on the fringe - Ayn Rand would seldom get a voice outside of fringe economic groups. King was a felon, for his protests. Griffin of course was "a traitor to his race" for medically darkening his skin, passing as black, and publishing his two-month journal.

There were others, in the early times; I don't know them all, and haven't seen most of them.

This was a fresh approach to journalism, to ideas. You didn't get that from Walter Cronkite. You got a man who looked like your father, who droned on what the network producers thought you should be told, and that's the way it is. Walter even closed that way.

But Wallace, to break in, had to be intelligent, politic, have a sixth sense...know what the limits were and how far to push. Griffin had his interview with Wallace before publishing his report, and described the interview. Wallace off-camera was foul-mouthed to the grips and techs, tried to be down-homey with Griffin, and two minutes before the live half-hour interview, offered Griffin a chance for a slug of whiskey. The suggestion was, Wallace would join.

That might have been interesting, but Griffin, a diabetic, passed.

But, while Myron/Mike had to build his place, craft a new form of media reporting...Chris had it handed to him What he had, or what he trained, was a perfect copy of his father's voice. He had little of his father's restraint or Mike's sense in keeping his own political views out of it.

It surprised me, a few years back, to find the younger Wallace was, even then, older than Mike was when he retired. He still seems like a punk scion imitating his father, to me - imitating, and not very well.

I was a bit surprised that Trump leaned toward believing Epps committed suicide.  So was Tucker, obviously.

Trump thought that was a loaded question, IMO. I don't think Tuck was setting him up, but Trump would have been bludgeoned later, for refusing the Official Narrative.

It's not directly his business and it's not an issue that's going to decide the Presidency. If Jeffy killed himself or if the Klinton Goon Squad did it, it doesn't change the sordid facts, nor the reality of how so many Elites were involved with him.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:01 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:

...........  "Big buildup, lots of money spent, yet only 139 people showed up for DeSantis in Staten Island," Trump wrote on Truth Social.

Trump criticized DeSantis for the crowd size, despite it being an invite-only event hosted by the New York State Fraternal Order of Police. It began at 7:30 a.m. in a room that seats up to 140 people only.

The former president later made a similar statement while speaking to a crowd of his supporters on Presidents Day at the Trump 45 Club in West Palm Beach, Florida.

"Ron DeSanctimonious had a crowd on Staten Island today: 139 people on Staten Island. We've got a lot of people. We've got 139 times 30," Trump said.          ............

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-waco-rally-crowd-size-smaller-1790873

trump tells untruths and uses immature abusive terms.
So Trump understated Ron DeSantos's crowd? Or is he off by 1?
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:02 am

Calypso Jones wrote:Trump wasn't there, doofus.
To whom is that ^^^ comment addressed? The August 23, 2023 FIRST Republican debate - Page 2 553500953

Tucker called Chris Wallace a bitchy little man.  Lol

Trump said Chris is not his father, Mike.  Mike had talent.
Yes. No argument there.

Haley came off as not ready for prime time.

Mike pence and Christy got slammed hard for running their smarmy butts over to ukraine to give obeisance to st zelensky and boy were they chomping at the bit to defend themselves.  Neither of these guys have a snowballs chance
I started listening to that vid, but it got all squirreled up. It's gonna have to wait until tomorrow. It is, after all, midnight. Wish I felt tired.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:15 am

Pence to Ramaswamy: 'We don't need to bring in a rookie'

That wasn't an effective attack, especially considering Trump had no previous government experience. Am I missing something here? "We can't afford any new faces, we need a long-time DC insider. A dinosaur like Mitch McConnell or Diane Feinstein."
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:25 am

Missing something? Four years in the White House.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:48 am

Pence was a career politician (not a good thing like he thinks it is, but I digress) but was still wrong about the role of the vice president in election challenges while Trump was right. "Experience" is not important at all.
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next