Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle

+2
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle Empty Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle

Post by The Mariner Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:49 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2022/06/10/geico-std-lawsuit-missouri/7578871001/

Geico has been ordered to pay $5.2 million in damages to a woman who contracted a sexually transmitted disease in the insured vehicle of her then-boyfriend, a state appellate court ruled.

{So does this mean my crew when contracting STDs from wenches can get money from the ship insurance we have? We're gonna be rich!}

The Mariner
The Mariner

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle Empty Re: Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:06 pm

The Mariner wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2022/06/10/geico-std-lawsuit-missouri/7578871001/

Geico has been ordered to pay $5.2 million in damages to a woman who contracted a sexually transmitted disease in the insured vehicle of her then-boyfriend, a state appellate court ruled.

{So does this mean my crew when contracting STDs from wenches can get money from the ship insurance we have?  We're gonna be rich!}

I was sure this was Babylon Bee material. Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle 1435984250 Razz

Red Lily, Calypso Jones, 2cent and The Mariner like this post

Back to top Go down

Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle Empty Re: Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle

Post by The Mariner Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:40 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
The Mariner wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2022/06/10/geico-std-lawsuit-missouri/7578871001/

{So does this mean my crew when contracting STDs from wenches can get money from the ship insurance we have?  We're gonna be rich!}

I was sure this was Babylon Bee material. Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle 1435984250 Razz

I wish it were.  I mean America's insurance rates increase because of people having sex & contracting STDs in cars & insurances have to cover this?  Not even their cars, someone else's cars!!!!!

Does this mean if they have sex, she gets pregnant an abortion is now covered by car insurance?  I am not even sure how this kind of logic is viable in a sane society.
The Mariner
The Mariner

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:31 pm

The Mariner wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I wish it were.  I mean America's insurance rates increase because of people having sex & contracting STDs in cars & insurances have to cover this?  Not even their cars, someone else's cars!!!!!

Does this mean if they have sex, she gets pregnant an abortion is now covered by car insurance?  I am not even sure how this kind of logic is viable in a sane society.
It sure would be interesting to see the clause in the insurance policy that covers this situation, because I don't get it, either. Frankly, it aggravates me; especially the part where the court told Geico they had no room for an appeal. But the woman who had (presumably consensual sex in the vehicle did?
And, $5.2 million? Seriously?

There has to be more to this story. At least I hope there is.

2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and The Mariner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mariner Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:23 pm

2cent wrote:
The Mariner wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

It sure would be interesting to see the clause in the insurance policy that covers this situation, because I don't get it, either.  Frankly, it aggravates me; especially the part where the court told Geico they had no room for an appeal.  But the woman who had (presumably consensual sex in the vehicle did?  
And, $5.2 million?  Seriously?

There has to be more to this story.  At least I hope there is.

https://jalopnik.com/geico-doesnt-have-to-pay-5-2-million-for-std-in-car-1849975746

I found an update. Looks like for now GEICO doesn't have to pay. I'm really curious how this plays out.
The Mariner
The Mariner

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:33 pm

The Mariner wrote:
2cent wrote:
The Mariner wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

It sure would be interesting to see the clause in the insurance policy that covers this situation, because I don't get it, either.  Frankly, it aggravates me; especially the part where the court told Geico they had no room for an appeal.  But the woman who had (presumably consensual sex in the vehicle did?  

https://jalopnik.com/geico-doesnt-have-to-pay-5-2-million-for-std-in-car-1849975746

I found an update.  Looks like for now GEICO doesn't have to pay.  I'm really curious how this plays out.
In this case, I think this is the proper ruling.

The Mariner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:29 pm

so if i impregnate a girl while im riding my pony, i can get Mutual of Omaha to pay for the birth because Marvin Perkins took Dolly Parton  while he sewed his oats in Wild Kingdom?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:34 pm

The Mariner wrote:
2cent wrote:
The Mariner wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I found an update.  Looks like for now GEICO doesn't have to pay.  I'm really curious how this plays out.
From that Jalopnik article:
This week, the Missouri Supreme court’s ruling was unanimous in Geico’s favor. The court says that Geico should get a chance to defend itself over the claims sending the case back down to the lower courts for more deliberation. This may end up being a long fight, but it doesn’t look like the woman will be seeing a penny of that money any time soon.
Geico ordered to pay $5.2 million to woman who contracted STD during sex in insured vehicle 3561531328 Oh, to see the sourpuss look on that STD-ridden chickipoo, when she got the news. Twisted Evil
2cent
2cent

The Mariner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:18 pm

Insurance companies will add a clause to avoid covering this in the future.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and The Mariner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:53 pm

Does this mean Yellow Freight has to pay wages to all those lot lizards...who take a load?

You know, we have absolutely no Rule of Law, anymore.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next