Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brookshire Super 1

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brookshire Super 1 Empty Brookshire Super 1

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:01 pm

Yeah , comb.

Back to top Go down

Brookshire Super 1 Empty Re: Brookshire Super 1

Post by Crusader Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:14 pm

My grandmother retired from Brookshire's in the 80s.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:29 am

Huh?

You mean, like this?

Brookshire Super 1 MemLogo_s1
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:38 am

Just looked it up.

Dumb as that name is, incredibly, there are THREE...UNRELATED...Super 1 Foods chains in this country.  Brookshire in the South.  In the Northwest, Rosauers's, a Spokane grocery chain, has a sub-chain with the above logo.

And there's a Super 1 Foods in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan.  AND there was a Super One, in Iowa and Nebraska, that just got purchased by Albertson's.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:09 am

Brookshire had a family squabble decades ago. We have Brookshires and a whole different chain of Brookshire Brothers stores.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:17 am

and then you have Warren Buffet who decended from the offspring of Miss Hathaway being done in by the nebraskan Brookshires.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:30 am

heres a little guidance for any of youlls who manages a food store. SPOTLESS. thats what customers demand. this includes all glass surfaces, floors, displays, endcaps, store shelves, checkouts, AND CEILINGS. brookshires looks like a run down dairyqueens compared to krogers. so you get the never ending spiral. you cant raise prices, so pay scale is frozen, cant keep the good help, the new help wont clean shit, prices are frozen more...........i used to shop in a brookshires. groceries lost their appeal as you headed to the car. its the shopping experiance people imbide in. i know for a fact after the wuflu zero brookshires were cleaned. compare the two yourself. Fiesta stores become Brookshires as do H.E.B.s
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer, vege57 and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:21 am

jirqoadai wrote:heres a little guidance for any of youlls who manages a food store. SPOTLESS. thats what customers demand. this includes all glass surfaces, floors, displays, endcaps, store shelves, checkouts, AND CEILINGS. brookshires looks like a run down dairyqueens compared to krogers. so you get the never ending spiral. you cant raise prices, so pay scale is frozen, cant keep the good help, the new help wont clean shit, prices are frozen more...........i used to shop in a brookshires. groceries lost their appeal as you headed to the car. its the shopping experiance people imbide in. i know for a fact after the wuflu zero brookshires were cleaned. compare the two yourself. Fiesta stores become Brookshires as do H.E.B.s
I'm not sure about any Brookshires, (except, there was a Brookshire Shopping Center where I grew up), but you're 100% right on the SPOTLESS part. People don't want to shop in a funky store; especially if it's anything to do with their food.

2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, there's often little choice.

The help they hire these days, is not to be believed.

We have a wide selection in town. We have Albertson's; Wally World...Target doesn't count, because their food section is small. Then a Rosauer's, and the Orange Street Food Farm - a one-shot independent that looks for what other stores don't carry. Then, WinCo, a warehouse-style mega-store. For packaged brands, it's the place.

And now, Yoke's, another Spokane chain. Our Fresh Market guys, who bought two stores Safeway had to sell when they were absorbed by Albertson's...they tried for six years, started out good, went downhill, and sold out. So now we have Yokel's...er, Yoke's.

They're all medium clean at best. Because they all hire the freaks from LA that are arriving here by the platoon.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:01 am

true story. i once stopped in the winchester mcgrubby and ordered a 20 pc maggot with a large coke. so im waiting.....and waiting....customers arrive after me and order.....and leave with their food. so im waiting. then i notice an older guy walk into the freezer, and come out with a box.....and like three others crowd around him. one sap is gaurding the register. he sees my disgust, i turn to leave, he shouts to his cronies, look guys!! as i aproach the exit door, i pop my lid off, throw my swil up onto the doors, it goes up, hitting the exit sign and ceiling as i go through the doors. i got some, but most went behind me. most of what i got was ice. i got in my truck and left. i never went back there, ever. THATS HOW YOU LOOSE CUSTOMERS!!! albertsons sucks shit through a sippycup. i used to go to FOODLION when i was in warrenton. now its the corner wallyworld or krogers. when i was in saugus it was choke on target or some local store. both were the same. when i was in maryland it was giant or safeway, both sucked. krogers prices are astronomicly high. you get what you pay for. a clean store and 10 pounds of frozen tyson for 8 bucks, or a dump and pay 7.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next