Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible

Post by RV Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:32 am

Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:
RV wrote:God said it, I believe it and that settles it!

My preacher altered it.

"God said it and that settles it, whether I believe it or not."

Your Preacher is right you know. Truth is still truth, whether we believe it or not.

What is truth to someone  may not be the truth. I'm not a non believer but I have doubts about man's written accounts in the Bible and how the flood occurred. I lean toward an asteroid caused it. Finding a other bodies or sources of water does not verify anything.

I don't want to offend anyone. Period.

However, I find religion to be a very interesting subject and I enjoy hearing from others on it.  It never hurts to be inquisitive.  Btw, you won't offend me by disagreeing.  I'm not some lib snowflakes so no worries lol.  I'm a conservative that doesn't always goosestep with the religious right

Bottom line? When one tries to humanize spiritual matters things often get sticky

And yet you CLAIM that humans wrote the Bible!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:49 pm

That seems a bit too simplistic to me
Good stuff if you have no other answers
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:50 pm

RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:

My preacher altered it.

Your Preacher is right you know. Truth is still truth, whether we believe it or not.

What is truth to someone  may not be the truth. I'm not a non believer but I have doubts about man's written accounts in the Bible and how the flood occurred. I lean toward an asteroid caused it. Finding a other bodies or sources of water does not verify anything.

However, I find religion to be a very interesting subject and I enjoy hearing from others on it.  It never hurts to be inquisitive.  Btw, you won't offend me by disagreeing.  I'm not some lib snowflakes so no worries lol.  I'm a conservative that doesn't always goosestep with the religious right

Bottom line? When one tries to humanize spiritual matters things often get sticky

Of course humans wrote the Bible. Who do you think wrote it?
Cotton
Cotton

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:54 pm

Cotton wrote:

That seems a bit too simplistic  to me

what is the question?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:56 pm

Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:

My preacher altered it.

i agree with you....of course humans wrote the bible....but God's word says that he inspired it and he will keep it safe from error.   Yes, i know there are versions of the bible...like the lgbt bible that mischaracterises what God said.   i know.... but His word is inerring and true.

2 Peter 1:20-21 ESV
Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

there's more but that one most fit this post.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:20 pm

submitted for your consideration, in peace.

Psalm 12:6: “And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.” God’s Word contains no mixture of impurities, error, or imperfection.

Every word refers to every declaration and revelation in the inspired record or, in other words, everything God has said in Scripture. God’s Word is the ultimate, infallible, reliable source of truth. Every single word is flawless, perfect, and sincere. There is not the slightest hint of falsehood, corruption, or deficiency in it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:00 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
Cotton wrote:

That seems a bit too simplistic  to me

what is the question?

I didn't ask you a question ..

I'm not here to bash religion.  My sister is in the ministry for that matter
I simply decided a year or so ago I want to really get to the guts of religion. Not trying to do so by parroting the Bible ss toward written by men

I actually  began my spiritual journey  looking for reasons to believe in God ascer have come to know him.
At the time I was going in philsophical direction and trying to go with the logical. So far so good

Lawd Cotton feelin it now :)
Cotton
Cotton

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:03 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:

i agree with you....of course humans wrote the bible....but God's word says that he inspired it and he will keep it safe from error.   Yes, i know there are versions of the bible...like the lgbt bible that mischaracterises what God said.   i know.... but His word is inerring and true.

Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Thank you Calypso .that is by far the best reply I've received on.these threads
Cotton
Cotton

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:56 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://notthebee.com/article/oh-look-another-scientific-discovery-that-shows-the-bible-was-right-all-along

One of the core arguments against the historicity of the Bible and the flood account in Genesis by scientists has been that a global flood is impossible because there simply is not enough water on earth to flood the entire thing.

This despite the fact that there is evidence accepted from secular scientists that there was clearly a global cataclysm at some point in earth's recent history.

But where did the water come from?

In Genesis chapter 7, this is what the Bible says:

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.

All the fountains of the great deep burst forth.

What could that be referring to?

Well, here's a story for ya:

Scientists discover massive 'ocean' beneath Earth's surface bigger than all the seas above land
Scientists have discovered a huge ocean under the Earth's core and it's bigger than all the seas on the surface.
WWW.UNILAD.COM
https://www.unilad.com/news/ocean-beneath-earths-surface-199524-20230328

Since 2/3rd of the earth is covered by water I'm going to say the oceans

When an asteroid hit the Yucatan Peninsula Tsunamis traveled at 500 mph to all corners of the known world

As for calamity? Of course calamity has occurred in recent history . Volcanos, earthquakes etc

The only thing proven by the discovery of these new water sources are that new water sources were discovered

Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:02 am

Calypso Jones wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:

I disagree. If we truly are God's creatures then man has every right to their own interpretation.

As for prophecy? With the exception. That most of it is highly ambiguous and symbolic much of it was written after the fact. .

Religion is either the greatest thing ever for some people or the greater con ever perped on mankind
Cotton
Cotton

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next