Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible Empty Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:52 pm

https://notthebee.com/article/oh-look-another-scientific-discovery-that-shows-the-bible-was-right-all-along

One of the core arguments against the historicity of the Bible and the flood account in Genesis by scientists has been that a global flood is impossible because there simply is not enough water on earth to flood the entire thing.

This despite the fact that there is evidence accepted from secular scientists that there was clearly a global cataclysm at some point in earth's recent history.

But where did the water come from?

In Genesis chapter 7, this is what the Bible says:

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.

All the fountains of the great deep burst forth.

What could that be referring to?

Well, here's a story for ya:

Scientists discover massive 'ocean' beneath Earth's surface bigger than all the seas above land
Scientists have discovered a huge ocean under the Earth's core and it's bigger than all the seas on the surface.
WWW.UNILAD.COM
https://www.unilad.com/news/ocean-beneath-earths-surface-199524-20230328

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Crusader and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible Empty Re: Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible

Post by RV Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:48 pm

There are numerous examples of "science" proving the Bible to be absolutely true. The examples are ignored, scuttled, deleted, covered up and/or dismissed as misinformation.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones, Crusader and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible Empty Re: Oh look...another scientific discovery that shows the veracity of the Bible

Post by Crusader Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:58 pm

Not only water from below, there was a layer of water in the upper atmosphere. I don't know how much water was above, but for it to come down suddenly in the first rain would also lead to massive flooding. My guess is that the rain and the water from below could be triggered by an asteroid if you are looking for a scientific cause.

Biblical account of water stored above.

Genisis 1:

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

The theory is that the layer of water above filtered the Sun's harmful rays and regulated the temperature all over the world. There are claims that the oxygen content on Earth was higher and that could explain why people lived longer. They lived in a giant hyperbaric chamber.
Crusader
Crusader

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:43 pm

God said it, I believe it and that settles it!
RV
RV

Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:27 pm

RV wrote:God said it, I believe it and that settles it!

My preacher altered it.

"God said it and that settles it, whether I believe it or not."
Crusader
Crusader

Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:01 am

Crusader wrote:

My preacher altered it.

Your Preacher is right you know. Truth is still truth, whether we believe it or not.
RV
RV

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:42 pm

https://creationtoday.org/how-can-the-bible-be-infallible-when-it-was-written-by-fallible-men/

the authors of the Bible could have written their respective works without error. This possibility becomes reality when we recognize that the authors of Scripture were “moved” by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21).

Furthermore, God has done in the Bible something no other holy book has ever dared to do. He based its credibility upon His ability to tell the future with one hundred percent accuracy. More than one-fourth of the Bible was prophetic when it was written. No other holy book comes close in this regard. In fact, most of these books contain no prophecies at all! The Bible sets the standard very high. Deuteronomy 18:15–22 states that if a prophet ever made a prediction that failed then he was not speaking for God. Some view this as being a convenient way for Bible believers to excuse any possible mistakes; however, much more is at stake. Since the Bible contains so many prophecies claiming to be from God, it only takes one failed prophecy to discredit the book. If Isaiah, while claiming to speak for God, made a mistake in any of his prophetic statements, then he did not speak for God and the rest of his writing is suspect. Not only that, every other book that quotes Isaiah as one of God’s prophets is also suspect (e.g. Matthew 1:23; Romans 9:27). God placed His reputation on the line by allowing fallible men to write His infallible Word but He has been faithful to keep it free from error.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:24 am

RV wrote:
Crusader wrote:

My preacher altered it.

Your Preacher is right you know. Truth is still truth, whether we believe it or not.

What is truth to someone may not be the truth. I'm not a non believer but I have doubts about man's written accounts in the Bible and how the flood occurred. I lean toward an asteroid caused it. Finding a other bodies or sources of water does not verify anything.

I don't want to offend anyone. Period.

However, I find religion to be a very interesting subject and I enjoy hearing from others on it. It never hurts to be inquisitive. Btw, you won't offend me by disagreeing. I'm not some lib snowflakes so no worries lol. I'm a conservative that doesn't always goosestep with the religious right

Bottom line? When one tries to humanize spiritual matters things often get sticky

Cotton
Cotton

Red Lily, Cotton, Calypso Jones and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:53 am

That's  very openminded of you.   Well let me ask you this.  Do you believe that Jesusis the son of God,  was crucified, dead and buried and rose on the third day?

I also enjoy the discussion and i learn something new everytime.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Cotton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:30 am

Calypso Jones wrote:That's  very openminded of you.   Well let me ask you this.  Do you believe that Jesusis the son of God,  was crucified, dead and buried and rose on the third day?

I also enjoy the discussion and i learn something new everytime.

Thank you. In my life I've always been a believer. Stepping out on blind faith became a question mark for me

I.went on a search for the intersection of truth and logic. I started at square one with the question. " where did .God himself come from? I've been looking for logical reasoning to assure me God exists. Im having an.additional problem with the question of was Jesus really the son of God?

Lastly, why would Jesus have to be sacrificed for our sins ?

Letting ones son.be crucified is not father of the year material.
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next