Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone tell me how to read PMs ?

+3
HawkTheSlayer
Crusader
Retirednsmilin308
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can someone tell me how to read PMs ? Empty Can someone tell me how to read PMs ?

Post by Retirednsmilin308 Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:51 pm

I have a PM in my in-box, but have no idea how to actually read it.  I did figure out how to save it, so I did that, so there it sits in my saved box, with me having no idea how to read it.  What do I have to click on to bring it up.  I looked around for directions, but found none.

Dave

Nevermind...figured it out via trial & error. Mostly error.

Then after i read it, I wanted to keep it, but instead wound up installing it in my profile, so I just deleted the whole thing.
Not real user friendly.
Retirednsmilin308
Retirednsmilin308

Red Lily and Crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Can someone tell me how to read PMs ? Empty Re: Can someone tell me how to read PMs ?

Post by Crusader Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:22 pm

Retirednsmilin308 wrote:I have a PM in my in-box, but have no idea how to actually read it.  I did figure out how to save it, so I did that, so there it sits in my saved box, with me having no idea how to read it.  What do I have to click on to bring it up.  I looked around for directions, but found none.

Dave

Nevermind...figured it out via trial & error.  Mostly error.

Then after i read it, I wanted to keep it, but instead wound up installing it in my profile, so I just deleted the whole thing.
Not real user friendly.

I use them so little, I forget how to do all of the housekeeping type functions. I set up my profile and put some info about myself and just forgot about it all. I live by trial and error now.
Crusader
Crusader

Retirednsmilin308 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can someone tell me how to read PMs ? Empty Re: Can someone tell me how to read PMs ?

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Retirednsmilin308 wrote:I have a PM in my in-box, but have no idea how to actually read it.  I did figure out how to save it, so I did that, so there it sits in my saved box, with me having no idea how to read it.  What do I have to click on to bring it up.  I looked around for directions, but found none.

Dave

Not real user friendly.

You can set how many pm's you want to save in each box. I think default is 25. I am set at 100 for the inbox and sent box.

You simply hit which box you want to see and all messages are saved there. Just click on any you wish to view. New pm's will be highlighted.

When sending a pm, you can easily tell if it's been read.
If the pm has not been read, it will be waiting in the outbox.
As soon as the message has been read by the recipient, it will transfer to the sent box.

Red Lily and Retirednsmilin308 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:43 pm

It's very user friendly once you get the hang of it. Moreso than most. Not sure what you mean by you installed it in your profile though?
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Retirednsmilin308 Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:50 pm

Red Lily wrote:It's very user friendly once you get the hang of it.  Moreso than most.  Not sure what you mean by you installed it in your profile though?

I did not want to lose it, so there is a box you can check to save it. I saved it by checking that box.
Later I wanted to reinstall it in my IN_BOX, but instead, the only option was to save it to my profile. I thought it would put it in my inbox in my profile, but nope...it saved it so everyone could read it that visited my profile. No thank you, so in that I did not have any way to put it back in my in-box, I had to deleted it, even though I did not want to.

Very confusing.
Retirednsmilin308
Retirednsmilin308

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:58 pm

Retirednsmilin308 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:It's very user friendly once you get the hang of it.  Moreso than most.  Not sure what you mean by you installed it in your profile though?

I did not want to lose it, so there is a box you can check to save it.  I saved it by checking that box.
Later I wanted to reinstall it in my IN_BOX, but instead, the only option was to save it to my profile.  I thought it would put it in my inbox in my profile, but nope...it saved it so everyone could read it that visited my profile.  No thank you, so in that I did not have any way to put it back in my in-box, I had to deleted it, even though I did not want to.

Very confusing.

I just had a look and that and it's definitely weird! Who would want a PM in their profile? Lol

In future if you want to save any you can just keep them in the savebox.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:18 am

Crusader wrote:

Dave

Not real user friendly.

I use them so little, I forget how to do all of the housekeeping type functions.  I set up my profile and put some info about myself and just forgot about it all. I live by trial and error now.

Now I understand why you havent replied to all the PM's ive sent you lol
vege57
vege57

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Retirednsmilin308 Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:23 am

vege57 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Dave

Not real user friendly.

I use them so little, I forget how to do all of the housekeeping type functions.  I set up my profile and put some info about myself and just forgot about it all. I live by trial and error now.

Did you have to work really hard to become the prick you are, or did it all come naturally ?
Retirednsmilin308
Retirednsmilin308

Daily Bread and Crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:25 am

Retirednsmilin308 wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Dave

Not real user friendly.

Did you have to work really hard to become the prick you are, or did it all come naturally ?

Vege has a NZ sense of humor which many Americans don't grasp very well. Same with Aussie humor. If he says "lol" he's usually joking.

You'll get used to it and he's not intentionally offensive.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:30 am

Retirednsmilin308 wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Dave

Not real user friendly.

I dont see myself as a prick Dave, Not sure what i have said that would make you feel that way, I was just giving me ole mate Tex a little light hearted rub, and you have stepped in and made it a little personal, I'll give you a free pass this time Can someone tell me how to read PMs ? 293021872
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next