Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wagyu beef

+2
jirqoadai
tiny1
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wagyu beef Empty Wagyu beef

Post by tiny1 Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:56 pm

Has anyone here tried ANY cut of Wagyu Beef? For those who aren't aware, Wagyu is a Japanese Beef cow called Kobe, and many breeds are crossed with Western strains like Angus.
Anywho, I like to compete in small local BBQ events. Many competitors use Wagyu to get an upper hand on their competition. I have always used Angus. But wagyu has incredible fat content, equating to a much better product for the Grill/Smoker. The difficulty is that an Angus Brisket costs about 60-70 bucks, and a Wagyu Brisket is 150-200.
My boss just told me about some Wagyu Hamburgers he made on the grill. He said that even at 10 bucks a pound, it was exceptional. Unique in flavor and as most as it could be. I guess I'll get some on the way home.

tiny1

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Wagyu beef Empty Re: Wagyu beef

Post by jirqoadai Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:28 pm

i slice the burgers i burn myself in two, pattywise, and stick as much bacon in between the halves. then shove in a bun between two slices of cheese, and thank The Lord Jesus Christ i have not ruined my tastebuds.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Red Lily, Carolina73 and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:57 pm

tiny1 wrote:Has anyone here tried ANY cut of Wagyu Beef?  For those who aren't aware, Wagyu is a Japanese Beef cow called Kobe, and many breeds are crossed with Western strains like Angus.
Anywho, I like to compete in small local BBQ events.  Many competitors use Wagyu to get an upper hand on their competition.  I have always used Angus.  But wagyu has incredible fat content, equating to a much better product for the Grill/Smoker.   The difficulty is that an Angus Brisket costs about 60-70 bucks, and a Wagyu Brisket is 150-200.  
My boss just told me about some Wagyu Hamburgers he made on the grill.  He said that even at 10 bucks a pound, it was exceptional.  Unique in flavor and as most as it could be.  I guess I'll get some on the way home.
It's very good and very expensive , I hear.
@Red Lily  has a better  handle on this than me

She sent me a pic of a well marbled strip steak and I believe the package price was like $256/kilogram  or about $116/lb . The steaks were over $50/each. Raw. I thought I had saved the pic but I don't see it in my files.

Lol. Too rich for my blood , tiny.
I'm gunna have to stick with parboiled and slow roasted coon. bom

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Red Lily and tiny1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:58 pm

I've seen small filets in the independent supermarkets and stores here, but I've never bothered to check then out. I even saw some in Wal-Mart meat case

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:08 pm

jirqoadai wrote:i slice the burgers i burn myself in two, pattywise, and stick as much bacon in between the halves. then shove in a bun between two slices of cheese, and thank The Lord Jesus Christ i have not ruined my tastebuds.

Im struglin to undastand yoyur conveyances
vege57
vege57

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:56 pm

vege57 wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:i slice the burgers i burn myself in two, pattywise, and stick as much bacon in between the halves. then shove in a bun between two slices of cheese, and thank The Lord Jesus Christ i have not ruined my tastebuds.

dont struggle. i hear pig farmers arnt up to par for logical understandings.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:15 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
vege57 wrote:

dont struggle. i hear pig farmers arnt up to par for logical understandings.

lol, Im the farking pig whisperer,, the arbiter of all things porcine , I can turn a sows ear into a silk purse, and what i can do with a sows hymen would make ya toes curl
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:08 pm

Both my sons love their Wagyu and buy it for family BBQs. One buys it online and the other at a local butcher. Some of them even come with a 'birth' certificate like a Cabbage Patch doll lol.

It is not only unique in flavor it's unique period. It literally melts in your mouth.

I won't pay $50-$60 for one steak though so I leave it to them. But if you've got something special on or want to lead the pack at BBQ competitions Wagyu is definitely the way to go. I've always liked a nice steak but never thought I'd moan over one til I had a Wagyu lol.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny1 Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 am

Red Lily wrote:Both my sons love their Wagyu and buy it for family BBQs.  One buys it online and the other at a local butcher.   Some of them even come with a 'birth' certificate like a Cabbage Patch doll lol.

It is not only unique in flavor it's unique period.   It literally melts in your mouth.  

I won't pay $50-$60 for one steak though so I leave it to them.  But if you've got something special on or want to lead the pack at BBQ competitions Wagyu is definitely the way to go.  I've always liked a nice steak but never thought I'd moan over one til I had a Wagyu lol.
Nope, I don't wanna pay that either.  I can buy Prime Rib Loins, Dry Age it for 30 days, and slice it into steaks/roasts to my preference, and be way less than 60/lb.  I know it would not be Wagyu, but it is damn good, anyway.
I guess I'll try to test the Burger, and I have found Wagyu Hot dogs for about 2 bucks each.  I will try at least one Wagyu Brisket.  My brisket is very good, but I'd like to see how I do with Wagyu.   If it is any better at all, I may not be able to stand it.
Thanx for all the replies.

tiny1

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter1469 Sun May 02, 2021 7:05 am

I don't particularly like Wagyu. And it is way too expesive.
Peter1469
Peter1469

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next