Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care Empty Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care

Post by Red Lily Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:45 pm

This is the second federal appeals court to block the Department of Health and Human Services from using Obamacare to mandate transgender medical care.

A federal appeals court on Friday permanently blocked the Biden administration from requiring religious doctors and hospitals to perform transgender medical services that violate their conscience, becoming the second court to do so. 

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit affirmed a lower court ruling in favor of the plaintiffs in Sisters of Mercy v. Becerra, a case concerning a coalition of Catholic groups who have challenged the Biden administration's attempt to invoke the Affordable Care Act to prohibit doctors and hospitals from discriminating against transgender patients. The Catholic groups, which include hospitals, a university and nuns who run health clinics, say the Biden administration's rule violates their free exercise of religion. 

An August ruling from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals similarly held that the federal government cannot force Christian medical organizations to perform abortions or gender transition surgeries under the Affordable Care Act.

~snip~

The Biden administration may next ask the full Eighth Circuit to rehear the case or make an appeal to the Supreme Court. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-appeals-court-bars-biden-administration-forcing-catholic-groups-provide-transgender-care

Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care Empty Re: Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:39 pm

Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care 330px-10

5th Circuit Court boundaries.

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care Empty Re: Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care

Post by Red Lily Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:46 pm

What's that?
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:49 pm

If you ask me, this case doesn't only concern Freedom of Religion, but also forcing a person to work/use his skills against his will. A.K.A. slavery. I suppose defense attny's choose not to use that as a defense, because it won't win the day. I wonder why not. ???

IAC, it's good that what is right and good is winning. May it hold out.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:50 pm

Red Lily wrote:What's that?
The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, I believe.

LATE EDIT: Oops. Sorry, Red. What I meant was the 3 states the Eighth covers: Texas, Alabama, and Mississippi.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:22 pm

2cent wrote:

LATE EDIT:  Oops.  Sorry, Red.  What I meant was the 3 states the Eighth covers:  Texas, Alabama, and Mississippi.

Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi compromise the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.  
See map in post #2.

2, you are in the 8th ccop.

Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care 330px-11
I

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:48 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
2cent wrote:

LATE EDIT:  Oops.  Sorry, Red.  What I meant was the 3 states the Eighth covers:  Texas, Alabama, and Mississippi.

Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi compromise the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.  
See map in post #2.
lol

2, you are in the 8th ccop.

Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care 330px-11
I
Thanks much, Hawk. Appears I'm in good company.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:00 pm

2cent wrote:

I see that now. When I saw the map originally there was no text even though I refreshed the page several times. I see the text now. Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care 809917594
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:04 pm

Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:

I see that now.  When I saw the map originally there was no text even though I refreshed the page several times.  I see the text now.  Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care 809917594
That's 'cuz there was no text 'til now. And I messed up again. TX, AL, and MI are the 3 states covered by the FIFTH Court of Appeals. It's the second pic that Hawk posted of the Mid-West states is what the Eighth covers.

Heck, we'll get this straight, yet! lol
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:08 pm

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:

I see that now.  When I saw the map originally there was no text even though I refreshed the page several times.  I see the text now.  Federal appeals court bars Biden administration from forcing Catholic groups to provide transgender care 809917594
That's 'cuz there was no text 'til now.  And I messed up again.  TX, AL, and MI are the 3 states covered by the FIFTH Court of Appeals.  It's the second pic that Hawk posted of the Mid-West states is what the Eighth covers.

Heck, we'll get this straight, yet!  lol

Lol. That's still wrong. I spelled it out.
Texas, LA, Miss= 5th Circuit

NO AL!

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next