Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How one college student avoided liberal college indoctrination

3 posters

Go down

How one college student avoided liberal college indoctrination  Empty How one college student avoided liberal college indoctrination

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:38 pm

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/29/how-i-turned-my-left-leaning-college-experience-to-my-benefit/

I'm going to make sure my kids see this for my grandkids.

I attended the University of Colorado Boulder—in a place so far ideologically left that Coloradans jokingly refer to the town as “The People’s Republic of Boulder.” On the surface, it looked like a typical college campus with sororities, fraternities, and students busily rushing around campus trying to get to their destinations. Students had that adventurous attitude that comes with being away from home for the first time.

However, I was able to quickly pick up on the subliminal messaging in my introductory classes intended to push students toward the left. And the messaging became increasingly more blatant and extreme as my undergraduate career progressed.

For example, my Sociology 101 professor delivered his lectures as if he were matter-of-factly lecturing on various theories, thinkers, and ideas of the field, but he skillfully and ever so cunningly was steering 400 students to think as Marx did.

I specifically remember how he got almost the entire class to agree with his proposition that employees and employers are inherently in conflict with each other because while one group is interested in trying to increase its compensation, the other is actively attempting to lower it. Of course, there was absolutely no mention of thinkers such as Thomas Sowell who thoroughly debunked that Marxist viewpoint.

What was most alarming to me as a 19-year-old college student was just how unthinkingly my peers accepted the professor’s argumentation without much, if any, challenge.

By the time I became a senior in college, I witnessed a professor declare to the class his allegiance to Foucauldian ideology (i.e., an oppressor versus oppressed worldview expressed by power dynamics) by stating, “I’m a Michel Foucault fanboy.” When this professor suggested that being white automatically made a person a racist, my classmates simply nodded their heads, accepting such nonsensical statements as truth.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

How one college student avoided liberal college indoctrination  Empty Re: How one college student avoided liberal college indoctrination

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:49 pm

The Trick is to know what is going on....and then approach each class as an observer as if you are chronicling the tactics for a paper.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

How one college student avoided liberal college indoctrination  Empty Re: How one college student avoided liberal college indoctrination

Post by Casey Jones Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 am

To fight this indoctrination, you need PERSPECTIVE - something nineteen-year-olds do not have.

University education USED to be to ACCULTURATE young well-off people, to be future leaders.

Now it's to indoctrinate and radicalize - to the cause of World Communism, now that regional Communism crashed and burned.

I know both Boulder and Berkeley very well. Did part of my Navy time in the Bay Area. Then, got out and tried to settle in Denver. Had a brother living in Boulder at the time - did his graduate work there.

Yeah, he got radicalized. I haven't talked to him in 15 years. Probably he's had the Majik Jab.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 am

Casey Jones wrote:To fight this indoctrination, you need PERSPECTIVE - something nineteen-year-olds do not have.

University education USED to be to ACCULTURATE young well-off people, to be future leaders.

Now it's to indoctrinate and radicalize - to the cause of World Communism, now that regional Communism crashed and burned.

I know both Boulder and Berkeley very well.  Did part of my Navy time in the Bay Area.  Then, got out and tried to settle in Denver.  Had a brother living in Boulder at the time - did his graduate work there.

Yeah, he got radicalized.  I haven't talked to him in 15 years.  Probably he's had the Majik Jab.

So, you mean your brother got an education.
Did you ?

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:20 am

Casey Jones wrote:To fight this indoctrination, you need PERSPECTIVE - something nineteen-year-olds do not have.

I know both Boulder and Berkeley very well.  Did part of my Navy time in the Bay Area.  Then, got out and tried to settle in Denver.  Had a brother living in Boulder at the time - did his graduate work there.

Yeah, he got radicalized.  I haven't talked to him in 15 years.  Probably he's had the Majik Jab.

government, especially leftist influenced gov't, is anathema to the family unit.

I've spent time in Berkeley and Boulder too. All over Colorado as a matter of fact. AND my brother's daughter and her husband live in Colorado. SHE is painfully leftist considering she was raised by a conservative dad and mom...whom have now been influenced by their daughter. My younger brother and i are the stronger conservatives and Christian.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:33 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:

Did you ?

Do you understand the difference between knowledge and credentialing?

Most "educated" people today are FOOLS. They know little of history and nothing of economics. They couldn't find Afghanistan or Ukraine on a map. They don't know who Stalin was; they only know Hitler was somehow bad, and to call someone "literally Hitler" is an insult that gets you Likes on liberal (anti)social media sites.

I am not a fool. However, my world was not rich enough that I could be encouraged to wallow in self-loathing and hatred for my own land. I am not rich enough or ignorant enough to believe collectivism works or can ever work - no matter which people are in charge, this time.

I scored 98th Percentile on the SAT test; and 94th Percentile on the ASVAB, the military assessment test. Interesting that I scored lower in the test for the place "dummies" are supposed to go. Maybe it's because in those years, the smarter people were discovering that university indoctrination wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:13 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

Did you ?

Do you understand the difference between knowledge and credentialing?  

Most "educated" people today are FOOLS.  They know little of history and nothing of economics.  They couldn't find Afghanistan or Ukraine on a map.  They don't know who Stalin was; they only know Hitler was somehow bad, and to call someone "literally Hitler" is an insult that gets you Likes on liberal (anti)social media sites.

I am not a fool.  However, my world was not rich enough that I could be encouraged to wallow in self-loathing and hatred for my own land.   I am not rich enough or ignorant enough to believe collectivism works or can ever work - no matter which people are in charge, this time.

I scored 98th Percentile on the SAT test; and 94th Percentile on the ASVAB, the military assessment test.  Interesting that I scored lower in the test for the place "dummies" are supposed to go.  Maybe it's because in those years, the smarter people were discovering that university indoctrination wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

you did not answer the question.
I'll assume you mean, " No, I did not apply myself and get an education. It is just not my forte'. "

I accept that. In my youth I was not mature enough for university. I went there as an adult and got a degree.
It was a hard long slog.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:45 pm

And I assume you're a troll. Nothing more, and nothing but.

I'm done with you.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Casey Jones wrote:And I assume you're a troll.  Nothing more, and nothing but.

I'm done with you.

Promise ?

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down