Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampires/Vampyres of New Orleans

2 posters

Go down

The Vampires/Vampyres of New Orleans Empty The Vampires/Vampyres of New Orleans

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:53 am

This is soerta sad but one cannot dismiss the obvious and admitted occult part of it.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2022%2F10%2F29%2Fus%2Freal-vampires-new-orleans-atlanta-cec%2Findex.html

this trulu is a battle between good and evil.

irstly: Yes, a few modern-day vampires consume blood, often from consenting donors – typically loved ones or partners – in small amounts. But many abstain from or condemn that practice and instead find sustenance in sexual encounters or other experiences from which they can derive energy (Lore and Merticus among them). When strangers feign fear and ask Lore if he’ll drink their blood, he quips, “No, that’s called murder.”

While the uninitiated are usually most interested in feeding habits, Lore said that’s hardly what matters to vampires. (He compared asking a vampire about their feeding habits to asking a non-vampire whether they eat cold cuts.)

Many vampires don’t fit the archetypes Bram Stoker et al. popularized. These are people who often work day jobs – Lore is also a graphic designer, DJ and jeweler; Merticus is an expert in antique furnishings.

Maven Lore found his community in New Orleans, where he's now the king of the city's vampire court.
Maven Lore found his community in New Orleans, where he's now the king of the city's vampire court.
And most human vampires weren’t even drawn to the community because they idolized Dracula. In his ethnographic studies of human vampires, Browning said he found that members of vampire communities were mostly drawn to each other for the social elements, not their affinity for vampire media.

“I wouldn’t even call them vampire fans at all, merely people with a shared history from their adolescence, an innate need for blood or energy, and a shared need to find others like themselves who are accepting,” Browning said.

Merticus was seeking answers from others like him when he joined vampire chatrooms in 1996 after noticing for years that he could “draw strength from charged situations,” which he came to realize later was psychic feeding.

“I’ve never felt as though my body or even this time period aligns with my spirit or soul,” he told CNN. “Or more simply… I’ve always felt something was different about me that I couldn’t quite put my finger on.”

He made friends in those chatrooms that are still in his life today, and offline, those connections have grown even stronger.

Lore found those connections when he first visited New Orleans 24 years ago, days before Halloween. He’s lived there ever since.

“I didn’t even know there was a community,” he said. “But they were family.”

And now, they’re his family, too. He’s eked out a significant role in the NOLA vampire scene: Aside from his fangsmith business, he’s also a mentor to young vampires, a role he stumbled into by accident but accepts nonetheless. He resists being called a “keeper of the peace” between vampires in the area, although he’s known to regularly counsel and resolve arguments among members.

“We all just wanna get along and be loved – that’s why I love the vampire community,” Lore said. “It doesn’t f**king matter what race … what gender you are. You’re accepted.”

~~~~~~~~~~~
don't be fooled.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Vampires/Vampyres of New Orleans Empty Re: The Vampires/Vampyres of New Orleans

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:33 am

Interesting.
Not the kind of people I would sodial8ze with.

My female, registered, Weimaraner's AKC paper name was, Lestat's Mississippi Guist

But we just caller her Lily.

Thom Paine likes this post

Back to top Go down