Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine

3 posters

Go down

People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine Empty People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:28 pm

This seems to be a problem.  They are intentionally not getting the second innoculation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/new-cdc-report-shows-millions-of-people-not-getting-second-covid-19-vaccine-dose/ar-BB1g7A34

A new report CDC report shows it’s a big problem across the country. Doctors say the repercussions will hurt all of us and hope those skipping their next shot reconsider. They say the best part of these mRNA vaccines is their high efficacy rates, but you won't get the full protection unless you get both shots.

Some people had such bad health reactions to the first dose, they aren't getting the second. But if more and more people decide not to get their second shot, it could be a problem later this year.

This patient asked we not use her name or show her face, but said she had every intention of being fully vaccinated by now. She got her first Pfizer shot on January 26. “About 40 minutes after the vaccine my face started going numb,” she said. “The symptoms were so severe that I had to have the paramedics come to my house.”

Because of her reaction, she never got the second Pfizer dose, and her plan with her physician was to start over with different technology: the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. But, she's in the risk group with that due to blood clots. “It was disappointing, not getting the second vaccine and now having to wait,” she said.

According to the CDC’s new report, about 8% of Americans missed their second shot. That's more than 5 million Americans, and those numbers are up from the month before when just 3.4% of adults did not get their second shot.

Family medicine doctor Andrew Carroll said unless there is some sort of severe or life-threatening reaction to the first dose, it's very important to get the second shot because of how immunity works. “We know that immunity declines over time, and if you start out at 95-100% protected, maybe over a years time you’ll be down to 50-60% and that’s where were talking about a booster this winter. If you only got one shot and you’re only 60% protected, around the same time you may be down to 0-10% protected which means you’re susceptible to the disease,” Dr. Carroll said.

That's what the patient Arizona’s Family spoke to is worried about, and with asthma she doesn't want to take the chance of getting COVID.

Even with risks, she plans to move forward with getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine too. “It does make me nervous, having two manufacturer's vaccines in my body, because I don’t know how many people have had to do that or will be doing it, but I’m willing to take that risk at this point,” she said.

Arizona’s Family asked both the Arizona Dept. of Health and Maricopa County if they had specific numbers of how many Arizonans have missed their second shots. A spokesperson for ADHS provided the following statement:

About 6% of those who received first doses at state PODs appear to have not returned for a second dose at state PODs within six weeks, the CDC-recommended max interval between doses.

~~~

yes i'll bet that those are correct numbers. I BET that those who did not get the 2nd vaccine or going to go a different route with a different vaccine. At that point....you gotta be some kinda stupid to keep going with that.

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, OneDumbBlonde and HAMARTIA like this post

Back to top Go down

People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine Empty Re: People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine

Post by Jen Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:55 pm

Glad I decided not to have it at all.

My daughter and my oldest son's mother in law got 2 and did fine (so far anyway).

I advised my kids not to get the vax... not sure what they will end up doing.
Jen
Jen

Back to top Go down

People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine Empty Re: People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine

Post by vege57 Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:16 pm

Jen wrote:Glad I decided not to have it at all.  

My daughter and my oldest son's mother in law got 2 and did fine (so far anyway).  

Good to see your daughter is able to make independent and intelligent decisions ,,
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:22 am

vege57 wrote:
Jen wrote:Glad I decided not to have it at all.  

Good to see your daughter is able to make independent and intelligent decisions ,,
She has been making her own decisions for a while now....  but she's the baby and only girl .... she didn't want to grow up and do that decision-making stuff.  She did text me today to ask if she needed to peel zucchini or if she could just wash it and slice it.  My boys are all excellent cooks. My daughter just didn't want to do that. So she still sometimes asks questions. Here's a girl who taught Freshman comp at a state university for 3 years.....asking about peeling zucchini...  gotta love it.

I raised my kids to be able to think for themselves (except for zucchini questions). I didn't want clones.
Jen
Jen

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:03 am

""she didn't want to grow up and do that decision-making stuff""

Not many of us do really, But life doesn't give us that option does it
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue May 04, 2021 2:28 pm

The Authoritahs are lying. 200,000,000 americans have NOT been vaccinated. It's more like 100,000,000. BIG diff.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue May 04, 2021 2:33 pm

People are not going in for their second Covid vaccine 9e5347a0c8027421
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

OneDumbBlonde likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down