Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLUMBUS DAY../today, 2nd monday in October

+4
2cent
Marxist_Marla
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

COLUMBUS DAY../today, 2nd monday in October Empty COLUMBUS DAY../today, 2nd monday in October

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:27 am

But the left wants to call it Indigenous Peoples' day because europeans, not americans, took this land eventually from the invaders who came in through the Bering Strait. They're not EVEN indigenous.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/destroy-columbus-day-destroy-america/

The self-righteous fury with which American Marxists destroyed Columbus statues in 2020 traces its origins to Howard Zinn’s A People’s History of the United States, a book stocked with half-truths and historical distortions where Columbus is concerned. When demonstrators arrived at Marconi Plaza in South Philadelphia to protest the 20-foot-tall statue, or perhaps to topple it with ropes, neighborhood groups came out to defend it, some armed with bats and guns.

The legacy media in Philadelphia quickly jumped on the neighborhood groups and branded them as racists. It was a telling moment for the city.

Today, the Columbus statue in Marconi Plaza is boxed up in a wooden coffin until the city decides what to do with it. The Rizzo statue, by the way, is in storage.

The Marconi Plaza Columbus statue is the work of Italian sculptor Emanuele Caroni. It was originally made for the 1876 Centennial Exposition in the city’s Fairmont Park section, where it stood outside the U.S. Government Building. Dedicated on October 12, 1876, the statue was viewed by thousands of visitors to the Centennial, including poet Walt Whitman.

Although Columbus Day is technically a federal holiday, since 2020 130 cities in the United States have chucked the name for Indigenous Peoples Day (IPD). The trend was already in high gear in 2017 when TIME magazine reported that 55 cities had eliminated all references to Columbus Day, thanks mostly to Zinn, who died in 2010, and his devious “history.”

It was Zinn, after all, who said: “History is not about understanding the past but about changing the future.” His little book is now required reading in many high schools and colleges, despite numerous challenges to its credibility from (of all people) leftwing historians.

Sadly, academic attacks on Zinn have done nothing to curtail his influence. The most noteworthy of these attacks, Mary Grabar’s book, Debunking Howard Zinn, might as well have been published in a vacuum. Zinn’s popularity just keeps growing and growing.

The Zinn Education Project is a case in point.

This insidious online source is for schools and organizations that want to help in the abolition of Columbus Day. The site is also a marketplace for ‘Abolish Columbus Day’ stickers for your car and home. You can also download web banners and graphics for your local activist Unitarian Church or leftist community meeting.

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Daily Bread and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

COLUMBUS DAY../today, 2nd monday in October Empty Re: COLUMBUS DAY../today, 2nd monday in October

Post by jirqoadai Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:55 am

palosfrontera.com
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

COLUMBUS DAY../today, 2nd monday in October Empty Re: COLUMBUS DAY../today, 2nd monday in October

Post by 2cent Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:28 pm

2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:25 pm

I'm listening to Curtis Sliwa on the local radio and he's broadcasting from the big parade today down 5th ave in NYC . He's tearing all these woke fools that have no history and no future that are attempting to wipe out Columbus Day and its meaning . He's bringing up the Italian America was named after , Amerigo Vespuci , the Italian explorer Christopher Columbus , and Giovanni Verrazano . NY and the Atlantic east coast was founded and mapped out by these noteworthy explorers and the citizens that settled here paid homege to them with statues , bridges and location in their memory . The special interest groups have all tried and failed to erase them and its just not going to happen - and its not just the Italians that are protecting this history .
I just wish the South would do the same with its deserved hero's
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:08 pm

Daily Bread wrote:I'm listening to Curtis Sliwa on the local radio and he's broadcasting from the big parade today down 5th ave in NYC . He's tearing all these woke fools that have no history and no future that are attempting to wipe out Columbus Day and its meaning . He's bringing up the Italian America was named after , Amerigo Vespuci , the Italian explorer Christopher Columbus , and Giovanni Verrazano . NY and the Atlantic east coast was founded and mapped out by these noteworthy explorers and the citizens that settled here paid homege to them with statues , bridges and location in their memory . The special interest groups have all tried and failed to erase them and its just not going to happen - and its not just the Italians that are protecting this history .
Y'all still have Rocco.
We lost Carlos Marcello.

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:05 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:I'm listening to Curtis Sliwa on the local radio and he's broadcasting from the big parade today down 5th ave in NYC . He's tearing all these woke fools that have no history and no future that are attempting to wipe out Columbus Day and its meaning . He's bringing up the Italian America was named after , Amerigo Vespuci , the Italian explorer Christopher Columbus , and Giovanni Verrazano . NY and the Atlantic east coast was founded and mapped out by these noteworthy explorers and the citizens that settled here paid homege to them with statues , bridges and location in their memory . The special interest groups have all tried and failed to erase them and its just not going to happen - and its not just the Italians that are protecting this history .
Y'all  still have Rocco.
We lost Carlos Marcello.
I havent been to Roccos in over a year . The wife went gluten free on me so now I gotta sneak a slice when I'm out .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:15 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Y'all  still have Rocco.
We lost Carlos Marcello.
I havent been to Roccos in over a year . The wife went gluten free on me so now I gotta sneak a slice when I'm out .

I like Rocco. He doesn't sound woke to me.
He's a traditionalist! Ole Skool! No cauliflower crust pizzas.

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:04 pm

HERE IT IS AGAIN!!!

It will never be Indigenous Day to me. LOLOLOL
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:13 pm

sure is. and youre so far off that you couldnt get up to even attempt another go at the merrigoround. have you stopped drinking from this weekend yet? my ancestors road on the back of " Mother Turtle ". what the fuck is a bering strait? you havnt realized at an extremely low tide that entire area would be icebound? why dont you do some research and see how far anyone gets when they sojourn across calved glaciers and packice.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next