Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 Empty Re: Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:56 pm

Most pig hunting here is done in heavy bush, I have shot a few ferals over the years , Just happened to stumble across them whilst looking for deer, One when I was carrying my type 56 AKS with a 30 round mag , I opened up on it running through the scrub, 20 round later lol
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 Empty Re: Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:16 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:A couple of years back they tried to change the law here around killing your own stock on your property . you cant cut their throats, you need to use a humane killer and suck like, but it didnt get any traction

It's all the same shit.  Bullet or bolt in the brain.
But with a hog!..... It's better to have it hanging live and a squealing, cut its throat,  then shoot it!
Complete blood drain. But its some dangerous shit trying to shoot or bolt a thrashing hog. Lol.
You dont want no people around .

We used to do this in Meats Lab in college in the late 70s and early 80s. No guns though. Just bolts.

Can you believe they had to "teach" this to Coonasses?!

You knew right away who was a real coonass and who was fake. Lololol.

Most wild hogs in NZ are caught with dogs then you get up close and stick them , The guy I use for home kill shoots them, cuts their throat then hooks up a fence energizer which bleeds them out, one wire on the nose the other on its ass
Oh oh. I got lost here. You have to hire someone to home kill? Or is it just like us bringing an animal to the slaughterhouse.  No inspection necessary for home kill/non sale.

You can kill them yourself, But its easier to get a home killer to come to the property and kill , gut and skin them , and he drops them to a butcher of your choice , no inspection required
Most of those boys(and girls) are very good and fast.

I took a deer to a local slaughter house on my way home about 10 years ago. I was going to hull it out myself. Thank God I had a large ice chest with me. They didn't have a cooler , no nothing. Lol. You Bring it, you leave with it.

Just a Creole dude with a skinning knife. 25 minutes later, he had it gutted, skint, quartered, and in that chest. $45 which was high back then but it was worth it.

About 400 yards away was one of those portable ice houses where you get 20 pounds Of bulk ice for $1(at the time) . Drive over there and put 4 dollars in for 80 pounds of ice on the deer and forget about it for a week while all the blood drains. Pull the plug and repeat. Plenty enough ice to cool the carcass quickly and last , submerged in ice cold water.

They want like $2.50 for an 8 pound bag of ice at the store back then . Or like 25 dollars for the same ice. Lol.

Like Grace Slick said in White Rabbit, "Feed your head".
Lol. Im going to feed my belly first. Prolly with plenty rabbits if I have too. I love rabbit meat!

But if I see a white rabbit ..........

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:15 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:A couple of years back they tried to change the law here around killing your own stock on your property . you cant cut their throats, you need to use a humane killer and suck like, but it didnt get any traction

But with a hog!..... It's better to have it hanging live and a squealing, cut its throat,  then shoot it!
Complete blood drain. But its some dangerous shit trying to shoot or bolt a thrashing hog. Lol.

We used to do this in Meats Lab in college in the late 70s and early 80s. No guns though. Just bolts.

OMG I wish you had not typed that. Shocked Sad

In Asia they hang their dogs for days before they kill them. They think the meat tastes better due to the fear. I'm scarred for life now! Sad Sad Sad
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

OMG I wish you had not typed that.   Shocked  Sad

In Asia they hang their dogs for days before they kill them.  They think the meat tastes better due to the fear.  I'm scarred for life now!  Sad Sad Sad

They are little fuckers, Ive seen them throw dogs live into big vats of boiling water and smack a lid on to stop them getting out
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:18 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

OMG I wish you had not typed that.   Shocked  Sad

In Asia they hang their dogs for days before they kill them.  They think the meat tastes better due to the fear.  I'm scarred for life now!  Sad Sad Sad

I'm sorry. But it is what it is.

People want to eat but don't want to get their hands dirty anymore. Doesn't change the method at the slaughterhouse.  

The company I work for developed a captive bolt cattle killer, it was never intended for production, Just so the company we made it for could buy the blanks, They have a mushroom headed stunner for the mussies as the bolt is not allowed to penetrate the brain in Halal slaughter, we had a couple of those to play with, It so happens a golf ball fits nicely into the mouth of them , we would go outside and launch a few balls into the heavens , you wouldn't even see them go , god know where they landed lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:24 pm

OMG sorry Hawk I accidentally deleted your last post. I went to 'quote' it but must have hit 'edit' instead. When I realized what I had done I deleted my post and yours went too.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:28 pm

I'll try again Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 452754053

I'm sorry. But it is what it is.

People want to eat but don't want to get their hands dirty anymore. Doesn't change the method at the slaughterhouse.

I'm not naive and I'm well aware of how meat gets to our table and what goes on in abattoirs. I just abhor cruelty and a LOT of cruelty goes on in the slaughtering process of animals.

Personally, if I wanted a stronger flavor to my meat I'd just add sauce.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:33 pm

Red Lily wrote:OMG sorry Hawk I accidentally deleted your last post.  I went to 'quote' it but must have hit 'edit' instead.  When I realized what I had done I deleted my post and yours went too.

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2978660236 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2812882407 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2928424190 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 929364569 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2041048078 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 3187452777

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:34 pm

I have 10,000 blanks on the shelf here at home, I'll have to think of something interesting to do whit them lol

I might design a log splitter of some sort for a little entertainment
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:44 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:OMG sorry Hawk I accidentally deleted your last post.  I went to 'quote' it but must have hit 'edit' instead.  When I realized what I had done I deleted my post and yours went too.

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2978660236 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2812882407 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2928424190 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 929364569 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 2041048078 Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 3187452777

KMA! Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 3 452754053
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3