Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:59 pm

vege57 wrote:A couple of years back they tried to change the law here around killing your own stock on your property . you cant cut their throats, you need to use a humane killer and suck like, but it didnt get any traction

It's all the same shit.  Bullet or bolt in the brain.
But with a hog!..... It's better to have it hanging live and a squealing, cut its throat,  then shoot it!
Complete blood drain. But its some dangerous shit trying to shoot or bolt a thrashing hog. Lol.
You dont want no people around .

We used to do this in Meats Lab in college in the late 70s and early 80s. No guns though. Just bolts.

Can you believe they had to "teach" this to Coonasses?!

You knew right away who was a real coonass and who was fake. Lololol.

Back to top Go down

Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Total WAR on FOOD targeting ranchers to outlaw all forms of meat, including cattle and backyard chickens

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:05 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:A couple of years back they tried to change the law here around killing your own stock on your property . you cant cut their throats, you need to use a humane killer and suck like, but it didnt get any traction

But with a hog!..... It's better to have it hanging live and a squealing, cut its throat,  then shoot it!
Complete blood drain. But its some dangerous shit trying to shoot or bolt a thrashing hog. Lol.

We used to do this in Meats Lab in college in the late 70s and early 80s. No guns though. Just bolts.

And that blood didn't go to waste here, either.
It was captured, and they made Red Boudin(blood) with it.
Cooked pork meat, cooked pork blood, and cooked rice, stuffed in a sausage casing.

It's still available. Mostly online. But very hard to find.

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:06 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Most wild hogs in NZ are caught with dogs then you get up close and stick them , The guy I use for home kill shoots them, cuts their throat then hooks up a fence energizer which bleeds them out, one wire on the nose the other on its ass
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:09 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

It was captured,  and they made Red Boudin(blood) with it.
Cooked pork meat, cooked pork blood,  and cooked rice, stuffed in a sausage casing.

It's still available.  Mostly online. But very hard to find.

Its illegal to use raw blood in NZ, they dry it, heat treat it then reconstitute ,
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:19 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Most wild hogs in NZ are caught with dogs then you get up close and stick them , The guy I use for home kill shoots them, cuts their throat then hooks up a fence energizer which bleeds them out, one wire on the nose the other on its ass
Those bastards are everywhere here. Destroying everything. I even watched one eating fire ants in Mississippi.

But I was talking about tame hogs. I guess that might work as it causes them to thrash around. But nothing works as good as an excited heart.

For over 40 years here, packing house like IBP employ electro-tenderization.
Huge beef carcass halves come down the conveyor line where they are subjected to electro-stimulation. They jump around and stuff but I still think it's all bullshit. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:22 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Oh oh. I got lost here. You have to hire someone to home kill? Or is it just like us bringing an animal to the slaughterhouse. No inspection necessary for home kill/non sale.

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:25 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Those bastards are everywhere here. Destroying everything. I even watched one eating fire ants in Mississippi.  

But I was talking about tame hogs. I guess that might work as it causes them to thrash around. But nothing works as good as an excited heart.

For over 40 years here,  packing house like IBP employ electro-tenderization.  
Huge beef carcass halves come down the conveyor line where they are subjected to electro-stimulation. They jump around and stuff but I still think it's all bullshit. Lol.

""They jump around and stuff but I still think it's all bullshit. Lol.""

Im not convinced, Best to let them hang for a bit ,

I would have thought that they would be able to control feral pigs with recreational hunting ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:28 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Oh oh. I got lost here. You have to hire someone to home kill? Or is it just like us bringing an animal to the slaughterhouse.  No inspection necessary for home kill/non sale.

You can kill them yourself, But its easier to get a home killer to come to the property and kill , gut and skin them , and he drops them to a butcher of your choice , no inspection required
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:30 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

It was captured,  and they made Red Boudin(blood) with it.
Cooked pork meat, cooked pork blood,  and cooked rice, stuffed in a sausage casing.

It's still available.  Mostly online. But very hard to find.

Its illegal to use raw blood in NZ, they dry it, heat treat it then reconstitute ,
That's prolly how they do it now. It was illegal (to sell) for decades. But it is available now.

I never was a big fan of it. But if you eat it hot , fresh out of the pot, it's really good. Depending on the recipe.

Just give me some regular boudin(AKA White Boudin). Lean pork in a rice dressing,  stuffed into a casing.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:40 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

For over 40 years here,  packing house like IBP employ electro-tenderization.  

""They jump around and stuff but I still think it's all bullshit. Lol.""

Im not convinced, Best to let them hang for a bit ,

I would have thought that they would be able to control feral pigs with recreational hunting ?

We get to hunt them 24/7/365/day or night/ with or without dogs.
Doesn't even put a dent in them.

You can't eat most of the nasty bastards. Too strong.
But most of the little ones eat good.

Buddy shot a boar about 250 pounds last year. Brought it here. I laughed.
But we cut the straps out and took a chance on a hind quarter.

It was all good! Very good! Better than store bought pork!

Sorry we didn't hull it all out.

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next