Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elusive Florida Snake Last Seen In 2018 Found Choked To Death on Its Food

+2
Calypso Jones
Red Lily
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Elusive Florida Snake Last Seen In 2018 Found Choked To Death on Its Food - Page 2 Empty Re: Elusive Florida Snake Last Seen In 2018 Found Choked To Death on Its Food

Post by Red Lily Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:08 am

I'm not sure I buy into it either but there's a difference between poisonous (poison oak/poison ivy) and venomous.  BUT if they can't bite me I'm not worried either way.  I've handled plenty of funnel webs and they CAN bite Lol.

An interesting read  ...

https://spiders.ucr.edu/daddy-long-legs
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Elusive Florida Snake Last Seen In 2018 Found Choked To Death on Its Food - Page 2 Empty Re: Elusive Florida Snake Last Seen In 2018 Found Choked To Death on Its Food

Post by vege57 Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:19 am

Red Lily wrote:I'm not sure I buy into it either but there's a difference between poisonous (poison oak/poison ivy) and venomous.  BUT if they can't bite me I'm not worried either way.  I've handled plenty of funnel webs and they CAN bite Lol.

An interesting read  ...

Its safe to assume we use venomous and poisonous as interchangeable meanings,
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:41 am

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I'm not sure I buy into it either but there's a difference between poisonous (poison oak/poison ivy) and venomous.  BUT if they can't bite me I'm not worried either way.  I've handled plenty of funnel webs and they CAN bite Lol.

An interesting read  ...

Its safe to assume we use venomous and poisonous as interchangeable meanings,

I try not to but am probably guilty of it lol.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:40 am

I was once bitten by a daddy longlegs, to my surprise. The bite brought a mild itch for a few minutes, but that was it. I don't handle them anymore, but don't kill them either. They are not aggressive and always seem more interested in getting away than biting, which I supposed is very rare
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:42 pm

if the daddy long legs were health reducing when they bit you, id be dead. i wouldve died when i was four. i used to de-leg those things by the dozen. the snake in question tried to eat too much. you can plainly see its stomach is full. reminds me of a python eating an alligator. they could do the snake a favor by within its percieved area of habitation, kill anything bigger than the adult variety of the species and let them lay. that way the insects it eats would be able to multiply quicker.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2