Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Powell is Shrinking!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lake Powell is Shrinking! Empty Lake Powell is Shrinking!

Post by Red Lily Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:20 pm

As the West grows increasingly arid, Lake Powell, the nation’s second-largest reservoir, is dwindling. Its retreat has revealed glimpses of the storied red rock canyon submerged for decades under hundreds of feet of water. Environmental advocate Eric Balken says the facts of Lake Powell’s retreat and Glen Canyon’s return pose significant challenges, as well as exciting opportunities.

When it was commissioned in 1956, Glen Canyon Dam was the centerpiece of a massive plan to provide water and generate power for tens of millions of users downstream. But studies show that it may not be able to do either of those things in the very near future. And all the while, more and more of Glen Canyon is being revealed. So, what do we do? Balken joins us to make the case for embracing what he sees as the inevitable change occurring at Lake Powell, where as one reality recedes, another is revealed. He says the time to start planning for that change is now.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/a-lost-world-returns-with-a-warning/ar-AA11zEGR?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=589d576077d14876dc3f476cd3a3b1f9

Lake Powell is rapidly shrinking.

Lake Powell is Shrinking! 380e216301fa269ef841b222a478a6bd

Lake Powell is Shrinking! ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F56%2Fbb%2Fbb9272874450887d2d38219ba146%2Fcathedral-in-the-desert-flickr-jaykhuang
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Lake Powell is Shrinking! Empty Re: Lake Powell is Shrinking!

Post by jirqoadai Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 pm

its a complete msm article. states its the second largest. its NOT. its the second largest MAN MADE in the US. while canada has prolly close to 5,000 that are larger, though natural. ( hint hint )
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:29 pm

I look at Lake Mead and Lake Powell reports on YouTube almost daily. Powell is slowly being sacrificed to bolster Lake Mead. But I doubt either will return to normal pool stage in my lifetime.

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:30 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I look at Lake Mead and Lake Powell reports on YouTube almost daily. Powell is slowly being sacrificed to bolster Lake Mead. But I doubt either will return to normal pool stage in my lifetime.
why? just fill them up.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:34 pm

The article clearly states that Lake Powell is man-made and has absolutely nothing to do with the size, or number, of lakes in Canada whether man-made or otherwise.  Try to stay on track. Hint hint.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:36 pm

sure. has nothing to do with....... horse crap. defeatist. rail car and pipeline could fill them to the brim in 10 months

Last edited by jirqoadai on Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:37 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:I look at Lake Mead and Lake Powell reports on YouTube almost daily. Powell is slowly being sacrificed to bolster Lake Mead. But I doubt either will return to normal pool stage in my lifetime.
why? just fill them up.

I'm not sure if they can or hoiw long it would take. I've thought about it.

You'd have to shut it off at mead. And Powell. As Powell fills some water could be let go downriver to mead until both are full

But that would mean no water downstream and no electricity production. Ain't gunna happen.

Until it's too late. Then it's gotta happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:41 pm

the aquifiers of the central states have needed lake superior water for decades. so instead of doing what needs done, lets instead bring millions more mouths to feed and take the money needed for our water supply and use it on wetbacks and rug heads.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:49 pm

California has invited the world into our borders and they are literally sucking California dry.  California is left with the choice of letting the people have water or supporting agriculture to feed them.  They had better get busy with desalination. They should start with a reservoir to limit the flow of fresh water from the Colorado River into the Pacific Ocean.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:58 pm

jirqoadai wrote:the aquifiers of the central states have needed lake superior water for decades. so instead of doing what needs done, lets instead bring millions more mouths to feed and take the money needed for our water supply and use it on wetbacks and rug heads.

Maybe they could get every Mexican crossing the border to take a barrel of water to California with them ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next