Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Post by Daily Bread Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:28 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:sorry. many wounded were pronounced killed. and also some wounded died later. a few 8 years later. as for repect, i have an ancestor named Charles Swope. he was from a 90day PA reg. he was shot by one of Kershaws Miss Brig in his face.......by buck n ball. lived to sire 4 more children. meanwhile, i had written permission by three property owners  on whos land i was on, detecting old oxbows of Rock Creek. ranger smiff came by and took my rod. he couldve arrested me, but instead gave me a court ticket, which i declined to apear at. if they are :conflag2: let them be. anything else, loot them.
Understood and agree about erroneous listings (with many done on purpose to start a new identity in civilian life ) but I'm speaking of mainly bodies found buried on old battlefields and possibly the tombs of unknown soldiers .  
all respect for union motherfuckers went out the window when they denied two chest compressions for US Senator William Barksdale, alowing him to die of shock while breathing through his shot out lung. they simply stared at him spraying his white shirt until he died. no mercy is deserved to the cretans.
Guess I wasn't clear but I'm talking about the Southern boys and particularly the ones Lee had to bury on the Gettysburg site in his haste to get to the other side of the Potomac . The Union had the infrastructure and more importantly the finances to transport their boys back home for burial .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:sorry. many wounded were pronounced killed. and also some wounded died later. a few 8 years later. as for repect, i have an ancestor named Charles Swope. he was from a 90day PA reg. he was shot by one of Kershaws Miss Brig in his face.......by buck n ball. lived to sire 4 more children. meanwhile, i had written permission by three property owners  on whos land i was on, detecting old oxbows of Rock Creek. ranger smiff came by and took my rod. he couldve arrested me, but instead gave me a court ticket, which i declined to apear at. if they are :conflag2: let them be. anything else, loot them.
Understood and agree about erroneous listings (with many done on purpose to start a new identity in civilian life ) but I'm speaking of mainly bodies found buried on old battlefields and possibly the tombs of unknown soldiers .  
all respect for union motherfuckers went out the window when they denied two chest compressions for US Senator William Barksdale, alowing him to die of shock while breathing through his shot out lung. they simply stared at him spraying his white shirt until he died. no mercy is deserved to the cretans.
Guess I wasn't clear but I'm talking about the Southern boys and particularly the ones Lee had to bury on the Gettysburg site in his haste to get to the other side of the Potomac . The Union had the infrastructure and more importantly the finances to transport their boys back home for burial .
yes. you speak of places by the name " Iverson Pits ". i seriously doubt R Lee had the time to bury everyone. and then you had the Battle of Falling Waters. i think it would be fair to speculate that everyone who bit the bullet near Rose Woods was plundered. your delima falls into three catagories. CSA who were buried by CSA, CSA who were buried by USA and CSA who were buried by civilians. it rained very hard on july 4. enough to push dead yankees in Rock Creek to form dams. at the RR cut, i have no idea where the CSA guys were buried. you never realy mentioned why someone might want to try to obtain DNA from a starving gutshot soldier. care to elaborate on that?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:11 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
yes. you speak of places by the name " Iverson Pits ". i seriously doubt R Lee had the time to bury everyone. and then you had the Battle of Falling Waters. i think it would be fair to speculate that everyone who bit the bullet near Rose Woods was plundered. your delima falls into three catagories. CSA who were buried by CSA, CSA who were buried by USA and CSA who were buried by civilians. it rained very hard on july 4. enough to push dead yankees in Rock Creek to form dams. at the RR cut, i have no idea where the CSA guys were buried. you never realy mentioned why someone might want to try to obtain DNA from a starving gutshot soldier. care to elaborate on that?
All irrelevant Jirq , whether the Union buried the CSA gutshot soldiers or whether they were buried by their own brothers . They have dug up their remains on the Gettysburg battlefield and they didn't dig their death beds and bury themselves lol .
The simple question was should we take DNA samples and try to find out who they are . Obviously you're in the " No" group ,somebody's got to be in it -thats why its there .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:31 pm

I'm a bit in the middle on this.

I think, yes, get the DNA and identify those you can to give them the recognition they deserve but don't move the remains.  Leave them where they've rested for so long.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, Daily Bread and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:20 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
All irrelevant Jirq , whether the Union buried the CSA gutshot soldiers or whether they were buried by their own brothers . They have dug up their remains on the Gettysburg battlefield and they didn't dig their death beds and bury themselves lol .
The simple question was should we take DNA samples and try to find out who they are . Obviously you're in the " No" group ,somebody's got to be in it -thats why its there .
to try to find out their battlefield story at this late date would be extremely bland. concidering also you could prolly tell where they fell, but the timeline of what minute they got there would be too general. and thats only after you discovered who they actualy were. as dozens of regiments crossed the very same spot on day two, even also on day one, the combat details for a specific person would be way too general, as most regiments covered a huge area of ground. if it wernt so futile, IF YOU FOUND OUT WHO they were, there might be logic in trying to piece their 3 hour story.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2