Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moving safe

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

moving safe - Page 2 Empty Re: moving safe

Post by Crusader Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:09 am

Put a couple of 2x4s on the stairs and slide the safe down.  Control the descent with ropes or cargo straps from above.  My gun safe only weighs 410 lbs and I haven't needed to negotiate stairs. Sorry I was late. Glad it worked out.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:14 am

Crusader wrote:Put a couple of 2x4s on the stairs and slide the safe down.  Control the descent with ropes or cargo straps from above.  My gun safe only weighs 410 lbs and I haven't needed to negotiate stairs.
as i was rolling it back up the stairs, it actualy slid back one time. 103 pounds less wouldve made moving this POS ALOT more enjoyable. its a two draw 3 1/2 hour rated safe good for 500 degrees F. the back panel itself felt like it weighed 200 all alone.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:55 am

jirqoadai wrote:
Crusader wrote:Put a couple of 2x4s on the stairs and slide the safe down.  Control the descent with ropes or cargo straps from above.  My gun safe only weighs 410 lbs and I haven't needed to negotiate stairs.
as i was rolling it back up the stairs, it actualy slid back one time. 103 pounds less wouldve made moving this POS ALOT more enjoyable. its a two draw 3 1/2 hour rated safe good for 500 degrees F. the back panel itself felt like it weighed 200 all alone.

I have a flat rubbermaid cart that is rated for 500 lbs. Useless for stairs, but it was great for my safe. I use it at work to move batteries.
Crusader
Crusader

jirqoadai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:58 am

Call professionals.

You had a close call. That was Fate sending you a message.

Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:00 am

after further reviewing the product information, i immediately concluded it was just too dammed heavy for me to move down a step anymore. the manufacture should be madated to stamp how much it weighs right on the immediate inside.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:03 am

Start with seemingly-simple "mandated information" and you end up, forty years later, with government requiring safe styling; hinge function; ways the door can open; how the lock will work...give a Government Override through the Cloud to just open the safe when the DEA or DOE put an order in.

It can only be this heavy; use this much steel; protect to this temperature fire, not hotter.

Just like our automobiles, which are now all but useless when made under these damn government regulations.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:09 am

Casey Jones wrote:Start with seemingly-simple "mandated information" and you end up, forty years later, with government requiring safe styling; hinge function; ways the door can open; how the lock will work...give a Government Override through the Cloud to just open the safe when the DEA or DOE put an order in.

It can only be this heavy; use this much steel; protect to this temperature fire, not hotter.

Just like our automobiles, which are now all but useless when made under these damn government regulations.
it looks like this WAS the original office safe. right at the very limit to give a 180 6'0 skinny injun a hernia. hire wetbacks then to spray paint the pertinate info. had i known what i know now, id quite understand why its rated to fall 30' without suffering a dent. thankyou everyone who showed up at my wake. i owe youll.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:38 am

Congratulations, jebe! I, for one, would enjoy watching the documentary of how you did it!
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:56 am

Lummy wrote:Congratulations, jebe! I, for one, would enjoy watching the documentary of how you did it!
i took it back upstairs Lummy. its weight forebade me to take it any lower. it wouldve rolled down the 8 remaining steps and broken the flooring. so i took a break after getting it to the top landing step, then one step at a time, rolled it back up the stairs, attempting to only move half its weight at a time. but twice, over the seven steps that went up, i had to lift its back up approx 30". while pushing the safe foreward maybe six inches. i have brusing in my bi-seps from where i assume i over strained them. the data sheet says it has alot of steel in it plus some type of soft fire retardant mineral substance. its stuck in my bathroom right now resting on a towell that i used to scoot it across the floor. thankyou very much for your concern. ( since 7:pm last night till about 11 that night i moved two king sized matresses that i prolly shouldntve. )
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:29 am

Are you moving? That's always stressful. I'm glad I have sons.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next