Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caulking...there's a right way

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Caulking...there's a right way - Page 2 Empty Re: Caulking...there's a right way

Post by Thom Paine Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:22 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:@Thom Paine   Can  you recommend an adhesive or something that i could use for the gaskets around the door frame for my little old durango?

Ahhh, no doubt, like the gaskets on my Dakota.

The inner gasket or the outer gasket that goes from the drip rail to over the top of the closed door ?

Thom Paine

Back to top Go down

Caulking...there's a right way - Page 2 Empty Re: Caulking...there's a right way

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:42 pm

it's only one and it goes across the top and down the sides...I guess you'd call that inner? is the bottom attached to that?? does that help?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Thom Paine Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Thom Paine wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:@Thom Paine   Can  you recommend an adhesive or something that i could use for the gaskets around the door frame for my little old durango?

Ahhh, no doubt, like the gaskets on my Dakota.    

The inner gasket or the outer gasket that goes from the drip rail to over the top of the closed door ?

Hang on.... I must look in the book to see if something is different from a Dakota.

What year is your Durango... hope I have the correct book for it.

Some weatherstripping is not designed to be permanently affixed.

Thom Paine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thom Paine Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:21 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:it's only one and it goes across the top and down the sides...I guess you'd call that inner?    is the bottom attached to that??   does that help?

hmmmmm, don't see any differences for the inner weatherstripping..

The product is correct... use it sparingly.

Now that you are more confused... Shocked

play with the adhesive a bit before applying it... have fun.

Remember, someday you might want to remove what you are adhering.

Thom Paine

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:32 pm

The gasket is one piece and goes all around the frame of the door on the body of the car.  NOT on the door is what i mean.   it's a 2003!!!!!    LOLOL   It's actually our Toad, if you know what i mean.  It's in good shape cause it is used so little. We probably drag it along more than we drive it. But i do drive it about a half a mile a day to the barn and back.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Thom Paine Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:44 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:The gasket is one piece and goes all around the frame of the door on the body of the car.  NOT on the door is what i mean.   it's a 2003!!!!!    LOLOL   It's actually our Toad, if you know what i mean.  It's in good shape cause it is used so little.  We probably drag it along more than we drive it.  But i do drive it about a half a mile a day to the barn and back.

yeahhh, okay. I'm on the same page...

use the adhesive by drops every few inches... and press it back in place...

The little Dodges are durable little trucks...

Thom Paine

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:36 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:

I'm a caulk maniac.  I have many caulk guns and use different types of caulk.  Been doing this for years  I don't DO my own drywalling.  I have snl or husband do that. But i am a finisher.  I do take the time to sand and prep and get it right.  Thought you might enjoy this video. I did.

Dont know about any of the other guys , but it sure firmed me up Caulking...there's a right way - Page 2 1974411126
vege57
vege57

Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:39 pm

LOL you're welcome. You got a handle on that now. LOLOLOLOL
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:51 pm

[quote="Calypso Jones"]@Thom Paine   Can  you recommend an adhesive or something that i could use for the gaskets around the door frame for my little old durango?[/qSuote]
If the gaskets are in good shape and not cracked you can carefully heat them up with a hair dryer ( around 200°) . When possible all car windows should be left open slightly as the constant pressure will make gaskets form to that extreme ' close' position . Don't use oil to renew the gasket as it will help in deteriorating it .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2