Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrating "Juneteenth"

+5
2cent
Calypso Jones
Casey Jones
Crusader
Daily Bread
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Celebrating "Juneteenth" - Page 4 Empty Re: Celebrating "Juneteenth"

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:21 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Many dem  plantation residents don't know any of it.   Clearly white college students don't know history.

actually...i think a lot of students, the vast majority, just go through the motions of college.    You can't depend on your 'professors', you have to take the initiative yourself to make sure you learn what you need, you have to go that second third, fourth mile and many don't.  Look at the talking heads on tv thinking they know so much about what's going on in the world.  they don't.  They're nothing but little social justice warriors, little propagandists.

There are quite a few who are aware of current political situation and the negative impact it presents concerning their future.

There is hope.

You have to take the time to explain to young people the reality of lies vs the truth.

I've been doing just that for the last few days.

How so Hawk?  You mean in the real world?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:51 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Many dem  plantation residents don't know any of it.   Clearly white college students don't know history.

actually...i think a lot of students, the vast majority, just go through the motions of college.    You can't depend on your 'professors', you have to take the initiative yourself to make sure you learn what you need, you have to go that second third, fourth mile and many don't.  Look at the talking heads on tv thinking they know so much about what's going on in the world.  they don't.  They're nothing but little social justice warriors, little propagandists.

There are quite a few who are aware of current political situation and the negative impact it presents concerning their future.

There is hope.

You have to take the time to explain to young people the reality of lies vs the truth.

I've been doing just that for the last few days.

How so Hawk?  You mean in the real world?

Real world.

My great niece is staying with my parents for a while. She's only 13 or 14 but very sharp and asks a lot of questions. She enjoys conversation immensely. We went for a swim yesterday after i finished cutting grass and doing chores. We talked about many things.

You can't expect someone that age to understand the complexity of how we are being manipulated by the government and the MSM but you can make them aware.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:56 pm

I did that to my kids. And now i do it with my grandkids. Sometimes i am able to cause a little bit of thinking in other kids. Just because they are silent doesn't mean they miss it. I remember my youth. Someone would say something to me and i would make no response. It wasn't because i didn't hear or didn't care or disagreed...it was because they gave me something to really REALLY think about.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4