Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On This Day in History II

+10
Lone Gunman
Calypso Jones
Lummy
Sprintcyclist
Sappho
vege57
2cent
Daily Bread
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
14 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

On This Day in History II - Page 39 Empty Re: On This Day in History II

Post by jirqoadai Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:34 pm

i would prolly eat peyote with DB, but i dont think i wanna hold his hand.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:34 pm

jirqoadai wrote:i would prolly eat peyote with DB, but i dont think i wanna hold his hand.
Just a heads up Jirq - im thinken of joining the women's Olympic Swimming team .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:39 pm

On This Day in History II - Page 39 Boston10

This Day In History: March 5, 1770
The Boston Massacre
On the cold, snowy night of March 5, 1770, a mob of American colonists gathers at the Customs House in Boston and begins taunting the British soldiers guarding the building. The protesters, who called themselves Patriots, were protesting the occupation of their city by British troops, who were sent to Boston in 1768 to enforce unpopular taxation measures passed by a British parliament that lacked American representation.
British Captain Thomas Preston, the commanding officer at the Customs House, ordered his men to fix their bayonets and join the guard outside the building. The colonists responded by throwing snowballs and other objects at the British regulars, and Private Hugh Montgomery was hit, leading him to discharge his rifle at the crowd. The other soldiers began firing a moment later, and when the smoke cleared, five colonists were dead or dying—Crispus Attucks, Patrick Carr, Samuel Gray, Samuel Maverick and James Caldwell—and three more were injured. Although it is unclear whether Crispus Attucks, an African American, was the first to fall as is commonly believed, the deaths of the five men are regarded by some historians as the first fatalities in the American Revolutionary War.

The British soldiers were put on trial, and patriots John Adams and Josiah Quincy agreed to defend the soldiers in a show of support of the colonial justice system. When the trial ended in December 1770, two British soldiers were found guilty of manslaughter and had their thumbs branded with an “M” for murder as punishment.

The Sons of Liberty, a Patriot group formed in 1765 to oppose the Stamp Act, advertised the “Boston Massacre” as a battle for American liberty and just cause for the removal of British troops from Boston. Patriot Paul Revere made a provocative engraving of the incident, depicting the British soldiers lining up like an organized army to suppress an idealized representation of the colonist uprising. Copies of the engraving were distributed throughout the colonies and helped reinforce negative American sentiments about British rule.
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:37 pm

no one who was shot that day did not deserve it. " snowballs and other things ". ice balls, rocks, broken horse shoes, frozen piss balls and iced turds.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:31 pm

jirqoadai wrote:no one who was shot that day did not deserve it. " snowballs and other things ". ice balls, rocks, broken horse shoes, frozen piss balls and iced turds.

You're right . Colonists all had guns for hunting - they should have shot them instead of throwing harmless snowballs
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Calypso Jones and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:45 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:no one who was shot that day did not deserve it. " snowballs and other things ". ice balls, rocks, broken horse shoes, frozen piss balls and iced turds.

You're right . Colonists all had guns for hunting - they should have shot them instead of throwing harmless snowballs
had they only been snowballs, no one wouldve been shot over that. this being march 5, i doubt any were snow balls.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39