Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and gubbermint again all will be well

+4
JMWinPR
2cent
Daily Bread
Calypso Jones
8 posters

:: Media :: MSM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and  gubbermint again all will be well Empty Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and gubbermint again all will be well

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:15 pm

They mean leftist media, leftist science, hate God and trust gov't again it will all be good.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/05/01/destroying-trust-in-the-media-science-and-government-has-left-america-vulnerable-to-disaster/

and it's all Trump's fault.

Why Americans’ trust is key to America’s success

American institutions are not perfect, of course. We all should want to improve scientific practices, remove bias from news coverage, and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of government. But a crisis like the coronavirus pandemic highlights the exorbitant costs of undermining trust in media, science, and government for political gain.

People must believe the health advice that they are getting from the CDC and other government agencies who are fighting the crisis. People must receive (and trust) accurate information from major news organizations, rather than rely on rumors and news from fringe websites that their friends might share on social media. Even as states eventually lift stay-at-home orders, people will need to follow expert guidance, transmitted through the media, in order to prevent a resurgence of new cases.

This need not be a partisan topic. Many Republicans and conservatives over the years have been deeply respectful of government professionals, the findings of science, and non-partisan national journalists. But from the beginning of the conservative movement’s takeover of the Republican Party, which started with Barry Goldwater’s nomination in 1964, many in that movement have seen discrediting these institutions as a useful political strategy—a good way to win votes and gain media market share. But this political strategy can have catastrophic consequences when those very institutions are the key to protecting public health and saving lives.

Calling out this long-running, cynical, and ultimately corrosive approach to politics is long overdue. Politicians and media personalities can pursue conservative policies without undermining the public’s trust in the media, science, and government agencies. Now more than ever, they should do that.

````````````

it's all trump's fault.... we must all get back to trusting media, science and gov't in spite of all the evidence they've been lying and stabbing us in the back for DECK. ADES.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and  gubbermint again all will be well Empty Re: Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and gubbermint again all will be well

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:47 am

Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and  gubbermint again all will be well 30d9db3df61a99f6
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

jirqoadai and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and  gubbermint again all will be well Empty Re: Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and gubbermint again all will be well

Post by Daily Bread Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:21 pm

I'm glad I'm a cynic
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:47 pm

So am I.    and angry at what these folk are doing to my country but one of my bible study sisters pointed out something to me yesterday when we all met for lunch.

Ecclesiastes 10:20

Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, or curse the rich in your bedroom, because a bird in the sky may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say.

PLUS another bible study sister and i both attended the service this past sunday and it was particularly relevant to me.

I'll post that piece of scripture.

Here it is: Hebrews 12:14-15

14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;

Did you see that. WILL NOT see the Lord. I want that. ANd i have bitterness.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Daily Bread, 2cent and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:48 pm

Two dorks who are obviously victims of President Trump's sense of humor. At least half of what they had to say wasn't even true.
Quite the irony, when ya think about it.
2cent
2cent

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:56 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:So am I.    and angry at what these folk are doing to my country but one of my bible study sisters pointed out something to me yesterday when we all met for lunch.

Ecclesiastes 10:20

Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, or curse the rich in your bedroom, because a bird in the sky may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say.

PLUS another bible study sister and i both attended the service this past sunday and it was particularly relevant to me.

I'll post that piece of scripture.

Here it is:  Hebrews 12:14-15

14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;

Did you see that.  WILL NOT see the Lord.  I want that.   ANd i have bitterness.
"that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble,"
I believe I'm needing to read the context of all that, because I do not know how it's possible for a Christian to go through life without speaking out against that which makes him bitter.
But then, maybe I need to refresh my definition of "bitter." Brookings says, if we all just trust media, science and  gubbermint again all will be well 553500953
2cent
2cent

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:58 pm

I hear you. I was pondering it today. I don't think The LORD intends for us to lie down and take unrighteous governance..especially in matters of killing the unborn, harming the people in the country with BAAAAD policy. I am thinking it is bitterness of a personal nature..like in family, friends, community and yes, i think in those people who are not in control, their elites are, but they support it. We need to love them, pray that their hearts and minds are opened by God, because only he can do that.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:08 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I hear you.  I was pondering it today.    I don't think The LORD intends for  us to lie down and take unrighteous governance..especially in matters of killing the unborn, harming the people in the country with BAAAAD policy.    I am thinking it is bitterness of a personal nature..like in family, friends, community and yes, i think in those people who are not in control, their elites are, but they support it.   We need to love them, pray that their hearts and minds are opened by God, because only he can do that.
Ah, I'm seeing it in a different light now. Bitterness causes gossip. Color me guilty. Embarassed
2cent
2cent

Calypso Jones and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:27 am

I fail to see how following Brookings' wishes absolves me of "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice..............

JMWinPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:17 pm

Don't forget, Brookings 'leans left', which means they're LEFTISTS.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next