Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corn and Soybean Farmer to Americans: Your Grocery Bill Is Going to Go Up $1,000 a Month

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Corn and Soybean Farmer to Americans: Your Grocery Bill Is Going to Go Up $1,000 a Month Empty Corn and Soybean Farmer to Americans: Your Grocery Bill Is Going to Go Up $1,000 a Month

Post by Elizabeth Theus Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:27 pm

A farmer joined Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show Wednesday to warn that Joe Biden’s failed economic policies and the war in Ukraine are going to cause the costs of food to skyrocket in the coming months.

If you think the high cost of gasoline is a problem now, wait until summer when your grocery bill soars.

During his March 2 broadcast, Carlson informed his audience that Russia is a leading producer of the fertilizers and additives that American farmers use to help grow the crops that subsequently supply our grocery store shelves with food.

But the war in Ukraine is set to put a major crimp in the ability of American farmers to import the nutrients they need just as the planting season approaches, with the U.S. and other nations levying sanctions on Russia for its aggressive invasion of Ukraine.

Ben Riensche, the owner of Blue Diamond Farming Company in Iowa and a farmer of 16,000 acres in that state, told Carlson that the sanctions will have a far-reaching impact on our food supplies in the very near future.

continued:
https://www.westernjournal.com/corn-soybean-farmer-americans-grocery-bill-going-go-1000-month/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=CTBreaking&utm_campaign=breaking&utm_content=conservative-tribune&ats_es=57139bde57e070d7cce67b2f02003c45
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Corn and Soybean Farmer to Americans: Your Grocery Bill Is Going to Go Up $1,000 a Month Empty Re: Corn and Soybean Farmer to Americans: Your Grocery Bill Is Going to Go Up $1,000 a Month

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:02 pm

@RV, the above might answer the question of why DC is so desperate to rid the world of Putin. Now that Ukraine and Russia are at war, and there's good reason for sanctions, there goes the economy. Please finish reading the article, though. It's worth the while. I didn't believe that groceries would go that high, right off. I might now.

As an aside, what a shame it is that proofreading went out of style.
Failed Biden energy policies and leftist climate-change policies are also wrecking havoc.
If that were truly the case, then it would be a good thing.

2cent
2cent

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Corn and Soybean Farmer to Americans: Your Grocery Bill Is Going to Go Up $1,000 a Month Empty Re: Corn and Soybean Farmer to Americans: Your Grocery Bill Is Going to Go Up $1,000 a Month

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:49 pm

The left has set their followers on fire. They will riot at the drop of a hat....and they don't differentiate between demorats and repunks. What is the biden regime going to do to make sure these hotbeds of radicalism willnot be turning on democrats when food gets scarce.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:39 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:The left has set their followers on fire.  They will riot at the drop of a hat....and they don't differentiate between demorats and repunks.    What is the biden regime going to do to make sure these hotbeds of radicalism willnot  be turning on democrats when food gets scarce.
Interesting question.  Much as I hate to say it, they'll find something to blame - Trump, Putin, the war - and w/all the help of their media lapdogs, they'll get away w/it.  
Even over at tPF, the folks are falling for 'poor widdle Ukraine.'
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:47 pm

Corn requires a huge amount of nitrogen.
Sugarcane, quite a bit. Usually in the form of urea.

Soybeans require no fertilizer. They actually make nitrogen .

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:09 pm

From the OP article:
For me to grow an acre of corn on my farm, I need 200 pounds of nitrogen, 200 pounds of phosphorus, and 100 pounds of potash. We just — it’s going to be hard how this plays out. Will farmers switch to other crops that produce less? We’re certainly not going to literally pour on the groceries to grow this crop.”
Dude does sound like he knows of what he speaks.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:21 pm

2cent wrote:From the OP article:
For me to grow an acre of corn on my farm, I need 200 pounds of nitrogen, 200 pounds of phosphorus, and 100 pounds of potash. We just — it’s going to be hard how this plays out. Will farmers switch to other crops that produce less? We’re certainly not going to literally pour on the groceries to grow this crop.”

The rate is correct for most soils on which corn is grown.
I have a hard time feeling sorry for the corn farmer . Shut ethanol production down and utilize corn like its supposed to be used.
As feed and foodstuff.

Grow more beans.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:45 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the corn farmer . Shut ethanol production down and utilize corn like its supposed to be used.
As livestock feed and foodstuff.

Grow more beans.
It's not the farmer I pity.  I pity the guy buying the end product off the store shelves.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:00 pm

2cent wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

As livestock feed and foodstuff.

Grow more beans.
It's not the farmer I pity.  I pity the guy buying the end product off the store shelves.

I was just looking out of the window and thinking about shooting a mess of blackbirds and browning them good before smothering them down .

We used to cook um all the time when we were kids.

But I don't feel like cleaning them all by myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:11 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

As feed and foodstuff.

Grow more beans.

Grow more beans? Don't we have enough gas?
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next