Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian are illiterate

3 posters

Go down

Christian are illiterate Empty Christian are illiterate

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:21 pm

More than once, i have had to correct a liberal and believe me...i don't mind doing that. LOLOL about their schooling others on what the bible says.

Just now. A christian was remarking about how nothing was deadly when God created everything. The other person says...well that is not true because God created aggressive animals and aggressive sea creatures. Well...yes he did but everything ate vegetarian. NO meat.

I have several other examples too if i can remember them.

Oh.... Man sets the boundaries on nations.

No. GOD set/sets those up.

God doesn't want borders or walls.

Well. then why did he talk about the walls about Jerusalem and when they were torn down, he sent nehemiah back to Jerusalem to rebuild those walls. And he and the builders did their wall building with one hand and had their weapons in the other because there were many who did not want those walls built and Jerusalem protected.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Christian are illiterate Empty Re: Christian are illiterate

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:07 pm

I've known many people to say God doesn't want people to have guns/weapons. Then I point out when Jesus was in the garden he asked his disciples if they they had a sword, and if not sell their robe or whatever they had to buy one (Luke 22:35). An indication we should protect ourselves.

And then there's the statement: DO NOT JUDGE which is almost always taken out of context. Jesus’ command not to judge others could be the most widely quoted of His sayings, even though it is almost invariably quoted in complete disregard of its context. Here is Jesus’ statement: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). Many people use this verse in an attempt to silence their critics, interpreting Jesus’ meaning as “You don’t have the right to tell me I’m wrong.” Taken in isolation, Jesus’ command “Do not judge” does indeed seem to preclude all negative assessments. However, there is much more to the passage than those three words.

The Bible’s command that we not judge others does not mean we cannot show discernment. Immediately after Jesus says, “Do not judge,” He says, “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs” (Matthew 7:6). A little later in the same sermon, He says, “Watch out for false prophets. . . . By their fruit you will recognize them” (verses 15–16). How are we to discern who are the “dogs” and “pigs” and “false prophets” unless we have the ability to make a judgment call on doctrines and deeds? Jesus is giving us permission to tell right from wrong.

Also, the Bible’s command that we not judge others does not mean all actions are equally moral or that truth is relative. The Bible clearly teaches that truth is objective, eternal, and inseparable from God’s character. Anything that contradicts the truth is a lie—but, of course, to call something a “lie” is to pass judgment. To call adultery or murder a sin is likewise to pass judgment—but it’s also to agree with God. When Jesus said not to judge others, He did not mean that no one can identify sin for what it is, based on God’s definition of sin.

Elsewhere, Jesus gives a direct command to judge: “Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly” (John 7:24). Here we have a clue as to the right type of judgment versus the wrong type.

Superficial judgment is wrong. Passing judgment on someone based solely on appearances is sinful (John 7:24). It is foolish to jump to conclusions before investigating the facts (Proverbs 18:13). Simon the Pharisee passed judgment on a woman based on her appearance and reputation, but he could not see that the woman had been forgiven; Simon thus drew Jesus’ rebuke for his unrighteous judgment (Luke 7:36–50).

Hypocritical judgment is wrong. Jesus’ command not to judge others in Matthew 7:1 is preceded by comparisons to hypocrites (Matthew 6:2, 5, 16) and followed by a warning against hypocrisy (Matthew 7:3–5). When we point out the sin of others while we ourselves commit the same sin, we condemn ourselves (Romans 2:1).

Jesus warned, “In the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you” (Matthew 7:2).

Believers are warned against judging others unfairly or unrighteously, but Jesus commends “right judgment” (John 7:24). We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:22 pm

There are many scriptures in both the old and new testaments that give us truth and justification for being armed at all times.

Certainly with the way criminals are excused, hailed and given a pat on the back, there is ample reason for the innocent to be prepared at all times to defend themselves. Movies, video games and hit shows all show murderers, rapists and child molesters as "good" people and violence against the innocent as "acceptable". If I'm going to be "collateral damage", I may as well go down with a fight.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down