Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollywood Conservatives Come Out Of The Closet

2 posters

:: Media :: Hollywood

Go down

Hollywood Conservatives Come Out Of The Closet  Empty Hollywood Conservatives Come Out Of The Closet

Post by Red Lily Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:55 pm

Need to kick this off.  

Back in 1996, I was lucky enough to get to interview Charlton Heston, who, at the time, was still a much-in-demand character actor (he made three movies that year) and also at the height of his outspoken political advocacy for the right. He complained to me that conservatives in Hollywood felt besieged and believed they wouldn’t get jobs if their politics were known. “There are more conservatives in the closet in Hollywood than there are homosexuals,” he said, repeating a line he’d used in many a stump speech.

https://ew.com/article/2008/10/22/hollywood-conse/

I wonder if they'll come up with a 'vaccine' for this?
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Hollywood Conservatives Come Out Of The Closet  Empty Re: Hollywood Conservatives Come Out Of The Closet

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:09 pm

I saw him in Roanoke shortly before he passed. He was the rep of NRA speaking to a group of conservatives. I had brought one of the books he was associated with...The Bible, but he looked so weak that i did not have the heart to ask him to sign it for me. I regret that but..... He spoke about his time in film especially Ben Hur and his friendship with Yak Canutt. I'm not sure if i'm spelling it right i've forgotten how it is spelled. SO interesting. Such a good story teller and such an imposing example of manhood.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down