Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?'

+2
2cent
Red Lily
6 posters

:: Media :: All Others

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' - Page 2 Empty Re: Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?'

Post by vege57 Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:19 pm

Red Lily wrote:Just for the record I was never into Bob Dylan either.

Bob has a few classics, also with the Traveling Wilburys.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of his, but there's a few of his songs I like,,
vege57
vege57

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' - Page 2 Empty Re: Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?'

Post by JMWinPR Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:22 pm

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:Btw,  @Red Lily, I used your link over at tPF.  It was very well received.  Cool

Glad I could help  @2cent  Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' - Page 2 981681394
Lady, you're priceless.  Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' - Page 2 3421922505
Add yourself and @Calypso Jones to that list

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:32 pm

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Just for the record I was never into Bob Dylan either.

Bob has a few classics, also with the Traveling Wilburys.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of his, but there's a few of his songs I like,,
Lay Lady, Lay.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:14 pm

I vaguely remember Joni what's her name. carousel of life, right?

and Neil Young. I never liked his looks. Sorta dirty hippy-ish. And now just old man who forgets to bathe daily.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:55 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I vaguely remember Joni what's her name.  carousel of life, right?  

and Neil Young.  I never liked his looks.   Sorta dirty hippy-ish.   And now just old man who forgets to bathe daily.

He still looks like that but angrier.  An angry dirty hippie.  He's creepy looking.

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' - Page 2 Neil-young-1012
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:10 pm

Young’s crusade against scientific misinformation is also ironic because he has spread it himself. The musician has long been an opponent of the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in food. His 2015 song “A Rock Star Bucks a Coffee Shop” tells us that “Yeah I want a cup of coffee but I don’t want a GMO / I like to start my day off without helping Monsanto.”

When CBS host Stephen Colbert confronted Young with research showing that GMOs are fine for human consumption, the singer was dismissive. “That must be a Monsanto study!” Young told Colbert. “It didn’t note the terrible diseases and all the things that are happening.”

If simply being wrong about a scientific technology that is saving lives is justification enough for censoring someone, then shouldn’t Young himself be censored?

https://www.city-journal.org/neil-young-v-joe-rogan-and-free-speech

Hypocrite!
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:00 am

Calypso Jones wrote:I vaguely remember Joni what's her name.  carousel of life, right?  

and Neil Young.  I never liked his looks.   Sorta dirty hippy-ish.   And now just old man who forgets to bathe daily.
Yes, that was Circle Game Joni Mitchell
Also liked Judy Collins
As for Joan. Johnny Carson stood her up several times, other guests took up too much time. I guess a tiff ensued and she came on early and stayed for the entire show. She sang Amazing Grace a Capella, absolutely amazing.  I no longer have the vinyl and even the most of the CDs have gone by the boards. I get most from MP3Fiesta at .10  a song. The only exception is Tom Roush, he's not there. I catch him on the tube, I have yet to purchase any of his work. I thoroughly enjoy his style. He does a lot of Stephen Foster.
As for Dylan, never much cared for his voice, he did score some really good work. He was most noticeable attribute was self promotion.

JMWinPR

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:46 am

JMWinPR wrote:

Yes, that was Circle Game Joni Mitchell
Also liked Judy Collins
As for Joan. Johnny Carson stood her up several times, other guests took up too much time. I guess a tiff ensued and she came on early and stayed for the entire show. She sang Amazing Grace a Capella, absolutely amazing.  I no longer have the vinyl and even the most of the CDs have gone by the boards. I get most from MP3Fiesta at .10  a song. The only exception is Tom Roush, he's not there. I catch him on the tube, I have yet to purchase any of his work. I thoroughly enjoy his style. He does a lot of Stephen Foster.
As for Dylan, never much cared for his voice, he did score some really good work. He was most noticeable attribute was self promotion.
Well said.
If you don't mind my adding another: Both Sides Now ~ Joni Mitchell. :thumbsup2:
2cent
2cent

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:40 am

2cent wrote:
JMWinPR wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:.
If you don't mind my adding another:  Both Sides Now ~ Joni Mitchell.  :thumbsup2:
You are correct, she did it first. I have it by Judy. I find it interesting the most artists are left of center. Some more vocal than others. I wonder if there has ever been any research to determine why. After all many are first in line for the termination as parasites, when the communists take over.

JMWinPR

2cent and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:27 am

[quote="JMWinPR"]
2cent wrote:
JMWinPR wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:.
If you don't mind my adding another:  Both Sides Now ~ Joni Mitchell.  :thumbsup2:
You are correct, she did it first. I have it by Judy. I find it interesting the most artists are left of center. Some more vocal than others. I wonder if there has ever been any research to determine why. After all many are first in line for the termination as parasites, when the communists take over.

I don't understand it, either, JMW.  I guess they're just dyed-in-wool Liberals, still falling for what all those "generous" politicians tell them, while they're busy virtue signaling.  

**I had to look up Both Sides Now, to be sure which singer did it, and now, come to find out, they both did? Well I'll be dogged.

**If the edit feature doesn't work, it weren't for the lack of trying.
2cent
2cent

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next