Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?'

+2
2cent
Red Lily
6 posters

:: Media :: All Others

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' Empty Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?'

Post by Red Lily Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:08 pm

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young' After Singer Demanded His Music Be Removed From Spotify.

It wasn't likely the response that Canadian singer Neil Young expected after he posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record label on Monday, where he demanded that they remove his songs from the music-streaming service Spotify.

On Wednesday morning, "Who is Neil Young" was trending on social media, with many users mockingly pondering who he is, while others expressed faux shock that he was still alive (and possibly rocking in the free world).

Young, who has long been vocal about the commercialization of music, had called for the removal of his songs from Spotify as the service currently hosts the hugely popular The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, where host/comedian Joe Rogan has publicly questioned vaccine information.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2022/01/26/social-media-users-ask-who-is-neil-young-after-singer-demanded-his-music-be-removed-from-spotify/?sh=75cdc16c1d6f

It didn't turn out quite the way he expected. Me or Joe Rogan! Sorry Neil you lose! Lolol.

Joni Mitchell is hanging off his coat tails and can follow him. I never cared much for the hippie music of that era and look what they produced? The beginning of the loony left march.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' Empty Re: Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?'

Post by 2cent Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:41 pm

I like Joni Mitchell's voice, but she should really shut up and sing.

I hope Neil Young will remember
Southern man don't need him around anyhow.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' Empty Re: Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?'

Post by 2cent Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:36 pm

Btw, @Red Lily, I used your link over at tPF. It was very well received. Cool
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:39 pm

2cent wrote:Btw,  @Red Lily, I used your link over at tPF.  It was very well received.  Cool

Glad I could help @2cent Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' 981681394
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:34 pm

Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:Btw,  @Red Lily, I used your link over at tPF.  It was very well received.  Cool

Glad I could help  @2cent  Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' 981681394
Lady, you're priceless. Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' 3421922505
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:03 pm

Just for the record I was never into Bob Dylan either.
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:08 pm

Red Lily wrote:Just for the record I was never into Bob Dylan either.
Oh, I was. Deeply. Same with Joan Baez. I still very much appreciate Diamonds and Rust, but not anywhere near the fan I was back in the day. Much the less for Bob. 'Matter of fact, I'm embarrassed that I ever epitomized, (if that's the word I want), Dylan.
At least Baez could actually sing.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:55 pm

Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' Spot_001
Red Lily
Red Lily

Calypso Jones, 2cent and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:29 am

That sums it up.

Neil Young shot himself in the mouth, with that.

Rogan should have sat there and laughed. Instead, he has to start mumbling some sort of apology.

I understand he's trying to be decent, especially since the fight isn't his, except by proxy. He just happens to have about ten thousand times the listeners that Grandpa Neil has, for what Grandpa recorded 50 years ago.

But Joe should have taken a victory lap, if only to piss off Grandpa some more.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:48 am

Rogan said he liked their music and of Jon Mitchell he said he liked Chuck Es in Love.   I assume that was intentional because that was Rickie Lee Jones not Joni Mitchell. A nice little slap there. Ouch Joni!  Social Media Users Ask 'Who Is Neil Young?' 773625082
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next