Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit Empty Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:48 pm

Red Lily, Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit Empty Re: Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Hawk. how does this qualify as a Confit??
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit Empty Re: Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit

Post by Red Lily Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:28 pm

Awesome!  I used to make an almost identical dish with just fish.  The kids wouldn't eat fish so I told them it was chicken pie.

I fessed up when they were adults and they still haven't forgiven me!  
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:42 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Hawk.  how does this qualify as a Confit??  

I don't know.
I don't even know what a Confit is!
But it show looks good! Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit 773625082

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:51 pm

It does that. Leek confit....they must be referring to the crust. I don't know what the cajun definition of confit is but it isn't the french definition which doesn't involve fish as far as i know.

STILL...Awesome looking dish and i will try it.

Along Red's line of thinking. Up till this year i made the kids come in and eat black eyed peas, sauerkraut etc as the traditional dish for new years. This year i thought...they are old enough and they never have enjoyed this so...no more. I got a call about 130pm. When is dinner? what? The New Years Day dinner! not this year. WHAT?? i thought y'all didn't care about it!! WE DO!!!

i had it ready by 5pm. See. You think they don't notice but they do. I've pulled my share of sneaky tricks on them too food wise. Like dog cookies when they came home from hunting. the only remark was...'they're not sweet enough'. I didn't tell them right away. Occasionally The Captain gets into Belle's leftovers in the frig. I forgot to mark. the Captain ate it. I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT!!! he's no the wiser.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:01 pm

Confit is just slow cooking in a bit of oil like he did with the leek and onion, not frying and usually in its own fat. Not really relevant to the title of the dish though.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm

Red Lily wrote:Confit is just slow cooking in a bit of oil like he did with the leek and onion, not frying and usually in its own fat.  Not really relevant to the title of the dish though.    
We'll slap my ass with a stick of melted butter!

I invented that shit!

We call it etoufee. Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit 773625082

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:28 pm

It's called a KNOB of butter.  coillon? couyon?? no offense.   LOLOL
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Is a Pop Tart a confit ? Just asking cause it'll give it a little more class tomorrow morning .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:41 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:It does that.   Leek confit....they must be referring to the crust.  I don't know what the cajun definition of confit is but it isn't the french definition which doesn't involve fish as far as i know.

STILL...Awesome looking dish and i will try it.

Along Red's line of thinking.    Up till this year i made the kids come in and eat black eyed peas, sauerkraut etc as the traditional dish for new years.  This year i thought...they are old enough and they never have enjoyed this so...no more.   I got a call about 130pm.   When is dinner?  what?   The New Years Day dinner!   not this year.  WHAT??  i thought y'all didn't care about it!!   WE DO!!!

i had it ready by 5pm.   See.   You think they don't notice but they do.   I've pulled my share of sneaky tricks on them too food wise.   Like dog cookies when they came home from hunting.  the only remark was...'they're not sweet enough'.   I didn't tell them right away.  Occasionally The Captain gets into Belle's leftovers in the frig.   I forgot to mark.   the Captain ate it.  I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT!!!  he's no  the wiser.

You're EVIL!
I haven't trusted you since you raised the dividers on the Captain's nut and bolt bin! Shrimp, Scallop, and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit 773625082

Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next