Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick and Easy Chicken Breasts

+2
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quick and Easy Chicken Breasts - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick and Easy Chicken Breasts

Post by 2cent Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:30 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I like cream cheese and shredded ham and a little pineapple inside.

Id wrap the whole thing in bacon and grill it or put it in the oven.
Cream cheese won't run and the bacon helps to keep things wrapped.
Man, that sound like a great idea!  Plus, I ran out of bagels, but not cream cheese.  Perfect 'recipe' for not letting it go to waste.

Btw, cheese and ham, toothpicked together in a folded chicken breast, rolled in seasoned flour, browned, then saute'd for about 30 mins. = Chicken Cor don Bleu. 

But you knew that.  :)  What I never thought of is adding the pineapple.  Now THAT sounds good!

But what is this with chicken breasts you buy in the store lately, looking more the size of a turkey breast?  I cut them in half lengthwise, and one is plenty for the two of us.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Quick and Easy Chicken Breasts - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick and Easy Chicken Breasts

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 am

last year or so....seemed like all i could find were Rubbery chicken breasts. Friends said you're cooking them wrong. Well...i hadn't changed the way i prepared them. I hated it and stopped buying chicken for awhile. Bought shrimp, fish, beef. I find i like halibut. The rest of the family doesn't. They said it was too dense. I liked it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:last year or so....seemed like all i could find were Rubbery chicken breasts.   Friends said you're cooking them wrong.   Well...i hadn't changed the way i prepared them.   I hated it  and stopped buying chicken for awhile.   Bought shrimp, fish, beef.   I find i like halibut.   The rest of the family doesn't.   They said it was too dense.   I liked it.
Yeah, that too.  The chicken breasts were not tender at all.

Oh, and if anyone tries to tell you that their chickens are not fed hormones, I'm thinking most people here know better.
As y'all know, I live in Tyson country, and know what those chickens are fed.  Chickens don't grow to that size in 8 weeks w/o a little (lot of) "help."
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:55 am

Im all for massaging some dry rub into some breast, I brine mine, In a hot pan to brown them ,then into a preheated oven at 180c fan bake for 15 minutes and you wont get a better piece of lean chicken meat,
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2