Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing the Ozarks

+2
jirqoadai
2cent
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fishing the Ozarks Empty Fishing the Ozarks

Post by 2cent Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:56 pm

Fishing ...with covid.  (Well, I wanted you to open the thread.)  

Each year, my husband and his buddy go Fall fishing.  Every chance they get from Sept. thru Dec. - if it doesn't get TOO cold - they hit one lake or the other in the buddy's boat at the crack of dawn, and come in when it starts to heat up and the fish quit biting.  Generally, around noon.
The season 'take' is usually enough to keep us in fish until next season, with plenty to share.

Well.  This year and last have proved miserable for fishing.  Why?  The stinking shutdowns and other mandates resulted in lakes being so over-fished due to so many people having nothing better to do that there's little left to catch.  At least that's all these guys - who've fished these same lakes for 40 years or better - can figure.  

At this point, do I dare utter aloud that it's surprising that you don't have to get vaxed to renew your fishing license?

Anyway, one more thing the government with its zealous overreach has destroyed, and wondering if many have given much thought to that.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Fishing the Ozarks Empty Re: Fishing the Ozarks

Post by jirqoadai Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am

let me get this straight. they go nowhere near a lake until the time they think is right, and then they know why theres no fish? so, if i go trapping, and i set up my trapline, and i come back next year after baiting all my traps, i will know why im unsuccessful?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:20 pm

jirqoadai wrote:let me get this straight. they go nowhere near a lake until the time they think is right, and then they know why theres no fish? so, if i go trapping, and i set up my trapline, and i come back next year after baiting all my traps, i will know why im unsuccessful?
Who said they go nowhere near the lake the rest of the year?
2cent
2cent

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:28 pm

Some good news. Finally, a good day of fishing. 10 bass went home w/the buddy for his S-in-L, and Mr. 2 kept the ...get this ...25" walleye!

Gee, just try to take a guess at what's for dinner. Very Happy
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:28 pm

oh yum. The Captain is chomping at the bit to go fishing. It was a lovely day but he had other things to do.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Well done Mr 2. Yum yum.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:04 pm

Just about everything has been destroyed by this insanity - from normal activities and interactions, to just-plain civil behavior between strangers.

THIS IS INTENDED. It's a mind-pfuk. It's to have us at each others' throats, as the next stage of the Grate Reset comes to be.

That's when they tell the sick, injured Vaxxed, that the reason they're sick, injured and dying, is because WE didn't take the medicine!
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:24 pm

2cent wrote:Fishing ...with covid.  (Well, I wanted you to open the thread.)  

Each year, my husband and his buddy go Fall fishing.  Every chance they get from Sept. thru Dec. - if it doesn't get TOO cold - they hit one lake or the other in the buddy's boat at the crack of dawn, and come in when it starts to heat up and the fish quit biting.  Generally, around noon.
The season 'take' is usually enough to keep us in fish until next season, with plenty to share.

Well.  This year and last have proved miserable for fishing.  Why?  The stinking shutdowns and other mandates resulted in lakes being so over-fished due to so many people having nothing better to do that there's little left to catch.  At least that's all these guys - who've fished these same lakes for 40 years or better - can figure.  

At this point, do I dare utter aloud that it's surprising that you don't have to get vaxed to renew your fishing license?

Anyway, one more thing the government with its zealous overreach has destroyed, and wondering if many have given much thought to that.

""each year, my husband and his buddy go Fall fishing.""

Go fishing, get drunk and fall over ?
vege57
vege57

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:27 pm

2cent wrote:Some good news.  Finally, a good day of fishing.  10 bass went home w/the buddy for his S-in-L, and Mr. 2 kept the ...get this ...25" walleye!

That's why the call it fishing not catching, The fish don't always play the game lol

A lot of boat noise may have unsettled the fish, changed their routine a little
vege57
vege57

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:47 pm

vege57 wrote:
2cent wrote:Some good news.  Finally, a good day of fishing.  10 bass went home w/the buddy for his S-in-L, and Mr. 2 kept the ...get this ...25" walleye!

That's why the call it fishing not catching, The fish don't always play the game lol

A lot of boat noise may have unsettled the fish, changed their routine a little
Nice to hear somebody who 'gets' it.  But not just a little - a lot.  The lakes are over-crowded, noisy, and over-fished.  What's so difficult about that for some people to understand is unfathomable.  

FWIW, usually by now, the guys would've caught somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 'keepers' - each - and plenty that weren't.
This and last year don't come close to touching that.
2cent
2cent

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next