Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pressing technological issue !

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pressing technological issue !  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pressing technological issue !

Post by Red Lily Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:34 pm

DB if the pic you want to post isn't already uploaded to your computer you can insert one straight from the web as well.

In the same little grouping of icons that Hawk showed you with the "host an image" and "YouTube" icons the second from the left says "insert image" if you hover over it.

Then you just right click whichever image you have found>choose copy image address>then paste in the box> then click insert like you would with a YouTube.

Right click image>copy image address>paste>insert.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pressing technological issue !  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pressing technological issue !

Post by Daily Bread Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:37 pm

Red Lily wrote:DB if the pic you want to post isn't already uploaded to your computer you can insert one straight from the web as well.

In the same little grouping of icons that Hawk showed you with the "host an image" and "YouTube" icons the second from the left says "insert image" if you hover over it.

Then you just right click whichever image you have found>choose copy image address>then paste in the box> then click insert like you would with a YouTube.

Right click image>copy image address>paste>insert.

I can't " click" RL . I only use my Amazon Fire tablet so I cut and paste or download the image and insert .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm

I've never used a tablet but I guess you don't have a mouse. How do you cut and paste then? Usually you do that with a right click.

Here's your chance to be the teacher DB lol
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:52 pm

Red Lily wrote:I've never used a tablet but I guess you don't have a mouse.  How do you cut and paste then?  Usually you do that with a right click.

We use a scissors and glue.

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:54 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I've never used a tablet but I guess you don't have a mouse.  How do you cut and paste then?  Usually you do that with a right click.

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to run with scissors?
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:55 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

What I'm trying to figure out is that if you get the 'copy' option to copy and paste on the tablet don't you get the other options too ie 'copy image address'?
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:04 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

What I'm trying to figure out is that if you get the 'copy' option to copy and paste on the tablet don't you get the other options too ie 'copy image address'?
Yes. But many images don't have addresses.  You just save the image in your files/gallery/etc. Depends on the OS. If they have an address , that gets saved too.

You never could "copy" a pic on some systems and just paste the pic on these kinds of forums without a hosting provider like we have or something like crappy photobucket.

Does it sound like I know what I'm talking about?[/quote]

Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:16 pm

You always know what you are talking about  I love you

My mistake is/was thinking about a tablet as being more like a small laptop rather than a big phone.

I can't do crap with online stuff on my phone Lol

Last edited by Red Lily on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:17 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to run with scissors?

She encouraged me.
Gave me matches, too.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:24 pm

Red Lily wrote:You always know what you are talking about  I love you

My mistake is/was thinking about a tablet as being more like a small laptop rather than a big phone.

I can't do crap with online stuff on my phone Lol

The copy/paste works like the phone. Yes.

You hold your finger down and 2 cursors magically appear. You move them around lightly with your fingertip until you have what you need inside, which will be highlighted, then hit the copy option.
Pasting is simpler. Just hold your finger down and then hit paste in the appropriate location.

If you ever need IT advice, just ask any kid under 12. Lol.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next