Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brick Battery

+6
2cent
Casey Jones
Crusader
Daily Bread
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Brick Battery Empty The Brick Battery

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:07 pm

Wasting Green Energy - Lifting Bricks
The Brick Battery
Viv Forbes image
By Viv Forbes -- NewsMax—— Bio and Archives--March 6, 2021

Wasting Green Energy - Lifting Bricks, The Brick BatteryThe Australian Snowy 2 hydro scheme plans to use electricity to pump water up hill to get some of that energy back by running the water downhill again. All to make intermittent green energy look sensible.

What Does It Mean to Start Deploying Zero Trust?
The move to a zero-trust architecture is as much a philosophical shift as a technology deployment.

Some green-tinged Australian mining companies are planning a dry version of Snowy 2 - a huge brick-powered battery using the force of gravity to drive a generator when solar and wind energy are on strike.

Each unit of this brick-powered battery would comprise a 30 storey tower enclosing a 35 tonne brick which is hauled up using surplus renewable energy (around noon on any clear windy day) and then released to turn generators when there is no renewable energy being produced (every still night or calm cloudy day).

These flint-stone miners will also have to replace all diesel mining equipment with electric machines, then build enough wind/solar generators to not only run the mine, but also to elevate the giant bricks. The country for miles around will be plastered by solar panels, wind turbines, power lines and roads. They must then build the brick-powered batteries and generators. This expensive conglomeration would be lucky to recover 50% of the energy used to create and charge it. Few mines could afford to fund all this nonsense. Shareholders can expect nothing except dividends of broken bricks. But someone will benefit from increased demand for electric mining machines, copper, steel and other metals. And foreign producers of wind turbines and solar panels will get richer.

(This complicated mess will crash at the most awkward time. Prudent mine workers should demand a diesel generator and fuel in every ventilated crib room.)

It would be better and quicker to buy a portable nuclear power plant and get reliable smoke-free 24/7 power.

https://politomix.com/canadafreepress/

Red Lily, Daily Bread, 2cent and Butterballs like this post

Back to top Go down

The Brick Battery Empty Re: The Brick Battery

Post by jirqoadai Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:47 pm

theres no way you can self sustain energy. there must be a natural resource of it to harness with the most economical utilization.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Carolina73 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:16 pm

If that's possible to sustain free uninterrupted power than my HS idea of a car running off its alternator / generator after its initial push would have made me a billionaire , my magnetic propelled helicopter that magnetic fielded blades angled at  base  ,forcing the blades to repel from each and creating a constant natural spin  should have been a breakthrough in my science exposition  - it didn't work . A fool can dream though .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer, Carolina73, JMWinPR, jirqoadai and Butterballs like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:22 pm

my idea no one wants to even try. on a federal level, mandate any injected gas into an oil field be given that tax credit that would equate to its sales on the spot market, plus the selling of it once you reproduce it at the other end at no taxes. that would increase our oil production volumns significantly as they would now have more pressure.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Daily Bread and Butterballs like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:56 pm

Green energy will never be successful until the population can profit from it.  I have friends with solar power and they are very happy with it because they bought the equipment and installed it themselves.  It will take them 3 years to recover their investment and then their power is free for as long as the equipment lasts.

Forcing RE onto the population puts money into the pockets of utility companies at the expense of consumers and taxpayers.  RE is not ready for being a primary source of power for public distribution.

Its shortcomings are the very reason for this convoluted brick battery.
Crusader
Crusader

Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:59 am

The whole world's gone nuts.

Nuclear power is a curse-word phrase. You might as well say, oil is good, or Jesus Saves; or something about Real Men.

We're in complete Reality Denial, now - as we outlaw more effective Beer Cooties drugs; as we open Women's Sports to dudes in dresses. As we damn science and math as Ray Cyst.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:53 pm

Crusader wrote:Green energy will never be successful until the population can profit from it.  I have friends with solar power and they are very happy with it because they bought the equipment and installed it themselves.  It will take them 3 years to recover their investment and then their power is free for as long as the equipment lasts.

Forcing RE onto the population puts money into the pockets of utility companies at the expense of consumers and taxpayers.  RE is not ready for being a primary source of power for public distribution.

Its shortcomings are the very reason for this convoluted brick battery.
That last line hits the nail on the head.

A nephew of mine has a solar business that is doing very well - because he is smart and wise enough to realize its limits. He markets to individual homes.
His home is entirely solar run, I believe, but might need correcting on that. I'm sure he's got 'down times' covered.

Here's a cool thing he did: Transformed a pontoon boat to run entirely on solar power. Runs fast, too. (Don't recall the mph.) As it was a cheaply bought boat that's out of style now, he knows he'll never see the return on that particular prototype, if he ever tried to sell. But, if he can sell the idea to a pontoon business...

2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:35 pm

Casey Jones wrote:The whole world's gone nuts.

Nuclear power is a curse-word phrase.  You might as well say, oil is good, or Jesus Saves; or something about Real Men.

We're in complete Reality Denial, now - as we outlaw more effective Beer Cooties drugs; as we open Women's Sports to dudes in dresses.  As we damn science and math as Ray Cyst.

We have a transgender weight lifter in NZ, competing as a woman

"""Hubbard, a 41-year-old who lifted as Gavin Hubbard in men’s competition before transitioning in his mid-30s, ""

This is an absolute crock of shit!The Brick Battery Fag10
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 am

vege57 wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:The whole world's gone nuts.

Nuclear power is a curse-word phrase.  You might as well say, oil is good, or Jesus Saves; or something about Real Men.

We're in complete Reality Denial, now - as we outlaw more effective Beer Cooties drugs; as we open Women's Sports to dudes in dresses.  As we damn science and math as Ray Cyst.

We have a transgender weight lifter in NZ, competing as a woman

"""Hubbard, a 41-year-old who lifted as Gavin Hubbard in men’s competition before transitioning in his mid-30s, ""

This is an absolute crock of shit!The Brick Battery Fag10

If that's what the chicks look like these days, Im going to start batting for the other team

Its not like I'm gay, but I once fucked guy that was lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:48 am

Don't get me started on that Lol Evil or Very Mad
Red Lily
Red Lily

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down