Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Hacks

4 posters

Go down

Food Hacks Empty Food Hacks

Post by Red Lily Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:59 am

Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Food Hacks Empty Re: Food Hacks

Post by Red Lily Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:06 am

Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:36 pm

This is a nice topic.   This post is just slightly different. I've been eating raw carrots lately for my tummy but everytime i eat a raw carrot...i get the hiccups.  

I thought...this is odd.  But i forgot about it till tonite when i was eating a raw carrot and i decided to see if anyone else has that 'problem' with raw carrots.  Seems they do....and sometimes cauliflower, hot drinks, etc can cause hiccups and 'they' don't know why.  

Some suggested that the raw carrots irritates the phrenic nerve and it cause your diaphragm to spasm.   OTHERS say that the carrots are so crunchy and if you're eating it fast and i eat them fast cause i really DON"T like carrots, that you swallow a lot of air.

So.  Tonite i slowed down a bit, took my time chewing well and then swallow.....and guess what.  So far no hiccups.  

I'm off to bed.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 pm

oh.one more thing.

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/20-basic-cooking-hacks-everyone-should-know.html
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:44 pm

If I eat carrots, I usually greet everyone with "What's up, Doc"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:07 am

Calypso Jones wrote:This is a nice topic.   This post is just slightly different. I've been eating raw carrots lately for my tummy but everytime i eat a raw carrot...i get the hiccups.  

I thought...this is odd.  But i forgot about it till tonite when i was eating a raw carrot and i decided to see if anyone else has that 'problem' with raw carrots.  Seems they do....and sometimes cauliflower, hot drinks, etc can cause hiccups and 'they' don't know why.  

Some suggested that the raw carrots irritates the phrenic nerve and it cause your diaphragm to spasm.   OTHERS say that the carrots are so crunchy and if you're eating it fast and i eat them fast cause i really DON"T like carrots, that you swallow a lot of air.

So.  Tonite i slowed down a bit, took my time chewing well and then swallow.....and guess what.  So far no hiccups.  

I'm off to bed.

I get hiccups/indigestion if I eat too quickly. If I chew it well, no problems.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down