Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New York Times Says Southern Baptists Have Gone Woke

3 posters

Go down

The New York Times Says Southern Baptists Have Gone Woke Empty The New York Times Says Southern Baptists Have Gone Woke

Post by Elizabeth Theus Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm

On Tuesday messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention named Ed Litton as their president — embracing a moderate pastor who says critical race theory is nothing to worry about.

Litton defeated Georgia pastor Mike Stone, favored by conservatives but fiercely opposed by woke Baptists, basement dwelling Twitter Baptists and left-wing religion news propagandists.

The New York Times headline summed up the day’s events — “Southern Baptists Narrowly Head Off Conservative Takeover.

As one dejected Christian told me – Biden Baptists won the day.

Messengers rejected a proposal that would have explicitly denounced critical race theory. Instead, they approved a watered-down measure that doesn’t mention it by name but rejects any view that sees racism as rooted in “anything other than sin.”

continued:
https://www.toddstarnes.com/faith/the-new-york-times-says-southern-baptists-have-gone-woke/?utm_source=Todd+Starnes+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6b1811265c-Aug+25_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_92d26c77ee-6b1811265c-113944253
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

The New York Times Says Southern Baptists Have Gone Woke Empty Re: The New York Times Says Southern Baptists Have Gone Woke

Post by Jen Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Oh well.

Jen
Jen

Back to top Go down

The New York Times Says Southern Baptists Have Gone Woke Empty Re: The New York Times Says Southern Baptists Have Gone Woke

Post by Crusader Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:13 pm

It doesn't mean anything. If the Convention did go woke, most churches would leave. They aren't locked in or beholding to the convention in any way. It's simply an organizational tool to coordinate resources for spreading the gospel. Most churches are apolitical and don't mention candidates by name from the pulpit. They may speak on political issue from time to time, but I've never seen a Southern Baptist Church discussing election candidates from the pulpit. I grew up in a Southern Baptist Church and attend one now. I've been to dozens of SBC churches and Missionary Baptist Convention churches.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down