Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month?

+7
Red Lily
Lummy
Crusader
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
RV
Calypso Jones
11 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month? Empty Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month?

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:28 am

https://answersingenesis.org/culture/pride-sin-root-pride-month/

Pride...the sin at the root of pride month

In a recent address commemorating “Pride Month” (the month-long celebration in June of all things LGBTQ), President Joe Biden revealed that nearly 14% (about 210) of his “1,500 federal agency appointees identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer.” This is just one example of the frenzied celebration of all manner of sexual perversions as individuals, corporations, organizations, and, sadly, even some “Christian” groups trip over themselves trying to be the most enthusiastic in their LGBTQ activism. But what are they really celebrating?

Obviously, on the surface, they are celebrating sexuality identities and sexual diversity—really, what the Bible calls lust and perversion of God’s original design. But that’s not ultimately what those waving rainbow flags in a Pride parade are really celebrating. Their celebration is reveling in the sin at the root of sexual perversions and a myriad of other sins—pride!

Pride is the quintessential human sin—we think we can be our own gods (Genesis 3:5) and do whatever is right in our own eyes (Judges 21:25). It doesn’t matter what our Creator—who designed us, knows what’s best for us, loves us, and died for us—says. To the proud heart, what matters is simply what we want—what sinful, fallible human beings who don’t know everything, are in rebellion against God, and have depraved minds and desires— want. Pride always leads to more sin as we arrogantly think more of ourselves and less of God and his revealed Word. It’s really people shaking their fist at God to declare they are autonomous and can do whatever they want. But . . .

The Bible spills much ink warning against pride. Our culture, and those “Christians” who want to join in celebrating sin, would do well to heed the warnings in the Word of God:

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18)

But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)

Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished. (Proverbs 16:5)

The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate. (Proverbs 8:13)

The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rock, in your lofty dwelling, who say in your heart, “Who will bring me down to the ground?” (Obadiah 1:3)

The haughty looks of man shall be brought low, and the lofty pride of men shall be humbled, and the Lord alone will be exalted in that day. (Isaiah 2:11)

Love is . . . not proud. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

According to James 4:6, God is actively opposing those proudly waving colorful banners and chanting “love is love.” That should strike fear in the hearts of those who have not repented and trusted in Christ, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:31).

But James 4:6 continues, “[God] gives grace to the humble.” There’s grace, freely available, for all who will humble themselves, turn from their sin, and trust in Christ alone for salvation. You see, Jesus died in our place, taking God’s just wrath against sin for us, and freely offers forgiveness and eternal life to proud sinners of all kinds: “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:Cool.

Get More Answers on Answers News
This item was discussed yesterday on Answers News with cohosts Dr. Jennifer Rivera, Bryan Osborne, and Tim Chaffey. Answers News is our twice-weekly news program filmed live before a studio audience here at the Creation Museum and broadcast on my Facebook page and the Answers in Genesis Facebook page. We also covered the following topics:

Be sure to join us each Monday and Wednesday at 2 p.m. for Answers News. You won’t want to miss this unique news program that gives science and culture news from a distinctly biblical and Christian perspective.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
Ken

This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month? Empty Re: Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month?

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:31 pm

The left pushes sin and its celebration. Tell me that satan is not at the heart of this.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month? Empty Re: Pride....should sin be celebrated

Post by RV Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:30 am

Calypso Jones wrote:The left pushes sin and its celebration.  Tell me that satan is not at the heart of this.

The devil is driving most/all of the world right now. The whole "woke" and "cancel culture" movement is not of God, not holy, not righteous and not good for America but, many are too hatefilled and sinful to see it. Look in any "news media" source and the sinfulness, depravity, arrogance and godlessness is apparent. Humans were born into sin and as it says in the Bible beginning in the book of Genesis, all of human's thoughts are evil right from the very start.

We think of babies as pure and sinless however, you do not have to teach a child how to be selfish, self-centered, arrogant, thoughtless, lazy nor sinful, it is natural. Instead you have to teach children how to be loving, honest, hard working and to think of others.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month? Empty Re: Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month?

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 am

God wants us to love those that hate us and despitefully use us.   That is so very very hard.   I don't want to hate these people but it sure seems that they would enjoy us being killed for what we believe and sometimes i feel the same way about some of them. Well...let me rephrase that.....what they might suffer concerns me in the least.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:23 am

I think gay people stay high. Something about pot at the end of the rainbow.

Abby08 and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:32 am

here i thought Charleys Grand Son came out with a new album
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Pride....should sin be celebrated ie Pride Month? Empty Re: Pride....should sin be celebrated

Post by RV Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:43 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:God wants us to love those that hate us and despitefully use us.   That is so very very hard.   I don't want to hate these people but it sure seems that they would enjoy us being killed for what we believe and sometimes i feel the same way about some of them.  Well...let me rephrase that.....what they might suffer concerns me in the least.

As the scripture says, without God it is impossible.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:36 pm

You can love a sinner and still refuse to support their sin. You won't ever catch me wearing anything rainbow outside of something celebrating Noah's ark. I don't support queerdom.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm

Crusader wrote:You can love a sinner and still refuse to support their sin.  You won't ever catch me wearing anything rainbow outside of something celebrating Noah's ark.  I don't support queerdom.
"You won't ever catch me wearing anything..."
How about dat time we leff da houseboat and went by boat to Mardi Gras in NOLA?
By the end of the day, yoo wuzint even wearing your stars and stripes bikini!  :)

I thought @Calypso Jones wrote dat. Lol.
She was quite a frog catcher back in the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:26 pm

Why can't the generator of it all be located? It seems to come from academia, blacks, white youth, blacks, academia and blacks. Anyone suggest an answer?

BLM is said to be starting to dissolve due to the perceived hypocrisy in their real estate ventures or something, so maybe it's drawing down. But as long as news is on demand, there will always be newsmakers, eh?

Last edited by Lummy on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next