Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing

+5
vege57
Booman
HawkTheSlayer
Red Lily
Neo
9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing Empty Re: UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing

Post by Red Lily Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Personally I don't drink beer and I see now they even have non alcoholic beer.   Why would you drink beer if it is non alcoholic?

Seems to me you'd drink it for the buzz not for the taste?   Lol
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Neo like this post

Back to top Go down

UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing Empty Re: UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Criminal is what it is.
But light is achieved in the states  by simply adding distilled water to regular, lager brewed Budweiser.

And stupid people buy this shit and love it.

Some beers like Miller Lite are  Pilsner brewed , light.
I can't drink any light beer. Taste like shit and no carbonation.

It's why the carefully brewed microbrews have become so popular.

At first big beer bought off  the politicians and passed laws where microbreweries under a certain size could not ship across state lines. Then they started buying up the more successful ones to limit production after that eventually was repealed .

I love a good microbrew lager or pale ale. I even like a dark ale.
But I do not care for IPA' s. Too hoppy and bitter for me .
I can only drink one or two.

I mean, that just defeats the purpose of drinking!  drunken drunken

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fucking spellxheck)

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:35 pm

If you are going to drink you need to enjoy it or what's the point?  UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing Thumbsup
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:09 pm

Many years ago, when Heineken was imported, the small label on the neck read, best served at 52°.
Of course we always drank them a little cooler than that.

But I confess, it was the only beer I could drink hot or cold and tasted exactly the same! Didnt even have to be cold with me. Very skunky. American brewed Lowenbrau was like that too. In smell and taste.

About a year ago, after 20 years, I decided to splurge on a 12 pack of Heineken bottles longing for that taste and smell.

Much to my chagrin , today's Heineken had no skunkiness, tasted like crappy light beer, and was brewed in America! Lol.

I did a little research on the Heineken site and they said if your beer was skunky it was old. That may be true, but I think it was a marketing move to sell us crappy US beer.

I never drank an out of date beer that tasted skunky. And I've drank quite a few out of date beers. Lolololol

Red Lily and Neo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Criminal is what it is.
Butt Light  ( lol. Sometimes spellchecker has a sense of humor)is achieved in the states  by simply adding distilled water to regular, lager brewed Budweiser.

And stupid people buy this shit and love it.

Some beers like Miller Lite are  Pilsner brewed , light.
I can't drink any light beer. Taste like shit and no carbonation.

It's why the carefully brewed microbrews have become so popular.

At first big beer bought off  the politicians and passed laws where microbreweries under a certain size could not ship across state lines. Then they started buying up the more successful ones to limit production after that eventually was repealed .

I love a good microbrew lager or pale ale. I even like a dark ale.
But I do not care for IPA' s. Too hoppy and bitter for me .
I can only drink one or two.

I mean, that just defeats the purpose of drinking!  drunken drunken

Hiccup. Lol.

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Neo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:14 pm

Hawk, I'm impressed you've keep it long enough that it even goes out of date. That's willpower!

I couldn't drink beer unless it was ice cold.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Neo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Red Lily wrote:Hawk, I'm impressed you've keep it long enough that it even goes out of date.   That's willpower!

I couldn't drink beer unless it was ice cold.
I'm gunna impress you even more.
My family was in the grocery business from 1931-2004. 73 years!
I spent a good portion of my life there from the time I was 5 years old.
About 45 years ago I was stocking the beer boxes . In the mid 70s Miller beer went from an obscure brewery to number 2 in the nation.
Philip-morris tobacco bought Miller and installed a vice pres in charge of tobacco as president of the newly acquired Miller corporation.

He was brilliant! He came up with 2 ideas that revolutionized the beer industry forever. Miller "ponys" , little 7 oz beers in an 8 pack and Lite beer. Both propelled Miller to the forefront of beer production and consumption..

Back to the stocking story. As I was loading the cold boxes , i guess i was about 15, with dozens of 8-pack of "lil millas" cartons, I noticed an odd bottle. I took it out and examined it . I saved it. Its still one of my prized possesions!!! Nothing fake about it! It can be proven the bottle was never opened or tampered with.

And this was long before beer companies were "globalized".

UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing 20210213
UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing 20210214

UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing 20210213
UN-BEER-LIEVABLE Beer lovers furious as Stella Artois reduces alcohol percentage and say it ‘tastes of nothing 20210214

It's a little expired but I ain't drinking it!

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:47 pm

I don't know how that cap got in the Miller production line, but I felt like I hit the lottery to this day. Lolololol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next