Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drivers hate the tech in their cars

+2
Keith
Calypso Jones
6 posters

Go down

Drivers hate the tech in their cars Empty Drivers hate the tech in their cars

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:57 am

I know i do...it's worthless and expensive to fix and it ALWAYS needs 'fixing'.

https://jalopnik.com/drivers-hate-the-tech-in-cars-1851631523

i also hate it in my kitchen appliances.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Drivers hate the tech in their cars Empty Re: Drivers hate the tech in their cars

Post by Keith Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:42 pm

Today's cars are just computers/tracking devices on wheels. All that technology is not meant to enhance your driving experience, but to control your movement and hinder your privacy. Imagine having your car stop cold dead in the middle of a busy highway because the System determines you're driving too many miles or because you have the "wrong" politics. Aesthetically, the new cars look hideous, like giant bugs. I think the cars from the '60s and '70s look a lot cooler.
Keith
Keith

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Drivers hate the tech in their cars Empty Re: Drivers hate the tech in their cars

Post by Crusader Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:07 pm

Your phone gives out all the information anybody can want. The car just creates a “need” to share your information. I avoid all of the special cruise control and lane departure warnings. I link my company phone to my company car. It makes navigation easy and I can stream music on the company’s dime. Work already tracks me anyway.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:38 am

I have older vehicles. A 2015 Chevy sedan and a 2011 Dodge 4x4 pickup. None of the fancy electronic gizmos now in newer vehicles.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:44 am

I use that Farraday type phone case for my phone ESPECIALLY when i'm doing medical stuff. I carry it in the car or in my purse. It works.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:39 pm

hurricanehook wrote:I have older vehicles. A 2015 Chevy sedan and a 2011 Dodge 4x4 pickup. None of the fancy electronic gizmos now in newer vehicles.
Old??? Those are barely broken in. My DD is a 99 Cherokee, built in April 00. 301 on the clock. Currently I'm doing front wheel bearings. Ive got 130 on the left and 110 on the right. Book says replace at 50. Can't get either hub nut free. I used 4 ft piece of ground rod  jammed on the lug nuts and using 3 ft breaker bar, bent the ground rod. Go to HD tomorrow and rent a impact drill. Been soaking in PB blaster for a day. Never had that issue with older cars, just pull the wheel and get new bearings at the local parts store. Bout 10 bucks including the grease and glove. Much more betteror today.

JMWinPR

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:55 pm

JMWinPR wrote:
hurricanehook wrote:I have older vehicles. A 2015 Chevy sedan and a 2011 Dodge 4x4 pickup. None of the fancy electronic gizmos now in newer vehicles.
Old??? Those are barely broken in. My DD is a 99 Cherokee, built in April 00. 301 on the clock. Currently I'm doing front wheel bearings. Ive got 130 on the left and 110 on the right. Book says replace at 50. Can't get either hub nut free. I used 4 ft piece of ground rod  jammed on the lug nuts and using 3 ft breaker bar, bent the ground rod. Go to HD tomorrow and rent a impact drill. Been soaking in PB blaster for a day. Never had that issue with older cars, just pull the wheel and get new bearings at the local parts store. Bout 10 bucks including the grease and glove. Much more betteror today.
I don't plan on buying another vehicle, unless these get in a wreck. Only have 55 on the Chevy and 96 on the Dodge. We don't travel much anymore due to my wife's illness. Maybe you could heat the hub nut up with a torch to loosen it. That's worked for me.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Calypso Jones and Crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:52 pm

Got ya beat. I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma.

NOT a four-door crew-cab. A bench-seat, manual-gearbox, TRUCK.

If I want the windows down, I have a crank.

If I want a door locked, I press a button. On the door. One that works a lever.

If I want to know the air pressure in the tires, I get out and put a gauge on the valve stems.

It's not rusty, so I hope it lasts awhile. As long as I do, or until we somehow get back to sanity and affordable automobiles.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:51 am

Casey Jones wrote:

Got ya beat.  I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma.

NOT a four-door crew-cab.  A bench-seat, manual-gearbox, TRUCK.

If I want the windows down, I have a crank.

If I want a door locked, I press a button.  On the door.  One that works a lever.

If I want to know the air pressure in the tires, I get out and put a gauge on the valve stems.

It's not rusty, so I hope it lasts awhile.  As long as I do, or until we somehow get back to sanity and affordable automobiles.
My brother has a 2000 GMC 4x4 pickup with 225,000 miles on it. Original engine, transmission and starter. He just replaced the original alternator. No rust. They don't make things like they use to.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down