Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any idea of the carbon footprint from this

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any idea of the carbon footprint from this - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea of the carbon footprint from this

Post by JMWinPR Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:02 pm

I also like American products, but I have issues with their wokeness. Most 'mercans only buy products from 11 corporations. Proctor and Gamble being one of them. "tooth brushes, toothpaste and razors. Are the usual ones. My dilemma is China or China via P&G

JMWinPR

Back to top Go down

Any idea of the carbon footprint from this - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea of the carbon footprint from this

Post by Casey Jones Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:54 pm

JMWinPR wrote:I would venture the recycling yard started it to get rid of the tires and plastic(s). What else are they going to do with it. No one wants it. The metal has now been stripped of all the useless waste and can be recycled. Much better when cars were made of metal, with minimal plastic. Weighed more, but far easier to repair.
I find it interesting for the push towards LED lights. Incandescent are recyclable, glass and metal. LED, mostly plastic and fiberglass circuit board with unrecyclable components.

That USED to be how we got RID of that stuff!

Wrecking yards, when run by gimpy, half-drunk morons named Bubba, would pile the cars that had parts nobody wanted much, and splash some old gas taken out of car tanks onto the bottom cars, and throw a match in. Watch it go up.

When the fire was done, a day or so later, bring in the giant dump truck, the kind on a semi chassis...and crush the burned shells down, load them in, straight to the recycler.

If you had old tires...you kept them in the garage, until you needed to burn out a stump. Or had a drunk-a-que. You threw the tires on stumps or huge knotty chunks of un-burnable wood, splashed gasoline inside the tires, and lit them off.

Great Halloween fun. More fun if you're young enough to drink 10 beers or so at a sitting.

The Earf can deal with smoke. Ever see a forest fire or a volcano? Earth can take care of itself...it doesn't need our help, and we can't even take care of OUR selves.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2