Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capital Gains should be adjusted for inflation

2 posters

Go down

Capital Gains should be adjusted for inflation Empty Capital Gains should be adjusted for inflation

Post by JMWinPR Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:11 pm

I sold some stock and it looks as if I will owe around 1000 additional. As I have little withheld I end up owing around 700 April 15. My understanding is if it is over 1000 a penalty will be levied. AAR it got me to thinking, (always a very bad sign), Capital Gains should be adjusted for inflation. Lets face it, that home you bought 40 yrs ago, is likely 3 to 4 times more than you paid for it. Granted, the fact you lived in it and made improvements is nothing compared to 4 to 5% annual inflation compounded daily.
Methinks this should be the 2nd thing on every Congressional aspirants' campaign promise, right beneath term limits

JMWinPR

Back to top Go down

Capital Gains should be adjusted for inflation Empty Re: Capital Gains should be adjusted for inflation

Post by RV Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:23 pm

JMWinPR wrote:I sold some stock and it looks as if I will owe around 1000 additional. As I have little withheld I end up owing around 700 April 15. My understanding is if it is over 1000 a penalty will be levied. AAR it got me to thinking, (always a very bad sign), Capital Gains should be adjusted for inflation. Lets face it, that home you bought 40 yrs ago, is likely 3 to 4 times more than you paid for it. Granted, the fact you lived in it and made improvements is nothing compared to 4 to 5% annual inflation compounded daily.
Methinks this should be the 2nd thing on every Congressional aspirants' campaign promise, right beneath term limits

Don't hold your breath...
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down