Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Makes a Christian Saved?

+2
Keith
RV
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Makes a Christian Saved? Empty What Makes a Christian Saved?

Post by RV Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:13 pm

Let me first say what DOESN'T make one "saved".

Membership or attendance at a "church". There are tons of "churches", some with biblical theology and some with human theology. The "church" does not make a person "saved".

A specific "religion" does not save anyone. There are tons of "religions", some with biblical basis and some with human "logic". Just being "religious" does not make a person "saved".

A belief does not save anyone. A person can have all sorts of "beliefs", ideas, ideals, fancies, etc. Just having a "belief" does not make a person "saved".

Being a "good person" does not save anyone. What one person claims is "good" may not fit the definition to someone else. Being "good" is subjective.

Knowing and/or memorizing a book or the Bible does not save anyone. All sorts of information can be memorized. The information that is memorized has no power whatsoever to save anyone.

Being told by another person that you are a "christian", does not save anyone. No human being regardless of how sincere they are, how knowledgable they are, how educated they are nor how religious they are can save anyone, not even themselves.

Trust does not save anyone. People can trust in all sorts of things. People walk into an elevator, trusting that it will take them to the floor they have selected. People walk, ride and/or drive over bridges and overpasses trusting that it will allow them to get to the other side.

Only trust in Jesus Christ and God will allow anyone to be saved.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

What Makes a Christian Saved? Empty Re: What Makes a Christian Saved?

Post by Keith Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:03 pm

Mailing a fat check to Osteen?
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:38 pm

Keith wrote:Mailing a fat check to Osteen?

Won't be the first time a con artist scammed money from people who haven't a clue.
RV
RV

Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:00 pm

Jesus said that there will be many false prophets who come in his name. We are to be discerning. Too many people look for the easy way. No...strike that....they look for THEIR way.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 pm

Keith wrote:Mailing a fat check to Osteen?

that's for true...but look at this.

2 Corinthians 2:12 -14

12 We are like a sweet smell to God. It is the smell of Christ we have. We have this sweet smell among the people who are saved and among those who are lost.

13 To some it smells like death and brings death to those who are lost. To others it smells like life and it brings life to those who are saved. Who is good enough for such things?

14 We are not like some people. They tell God's message to make money. But we tell it with a true heart just as God told it to us. We tell it as if we stood before God. And we tell it with Christ's help.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 pm

vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton1 Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 am

How comforting. A thread about how to save yourself from God's wrath . Oh boy lol. RV you are a real piece of work

Cotton1

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 am

Cotton1 wrote:How comforting. A thread about how to save yourself from God's wrath . Oh boy lol. RV you are a real piece of work

Really? I don't see how telling people the truth is wrong but, hey you can "interpret, interject or presume" my comment anyway you please! Sorry you were "triggered"...
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 pm

RV wrote:
Cotton1 wrote:How comforting. A thread about how to save yourself from God's wrath . Oh boy lol. RV you are a real piece of work

Really? I don't see how telling people the truth is wrong but, hey you can "interpret, interject or presume" my comment anyway you please! Sorry you were "triggered"...

and now some sarcastic abuse from a christian when someone made an observation

Sprintcyclist

Cotton1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
RV wrote:

and now some sarcastic abuse from a christian when someone made an observation  

We differ AGAIN. My comment was neither "sarcasm" nor "abuse" but, as I told Cotton, you can twist or interpret my comments anyway you like. Just remember that it works BOTH ways...
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next