Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video: Electrical Surge Traveling Down Power Line During Ice Storm

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Video: Electrical Surge Traveling Down Power Line During Ice Storm Empty Video: Electrical Surge Traveling Down Power Line During Ice Storm

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Frank "Zappa" Ghost?

https://www.brproud.com/news/stunning-video-captures-fiery-electrical-surge-traveling-down-power-line-during-storm/

Red Lily, Daily Bread and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Video: Electrical Surge Traveling Down Power Line During Ice Storm Empty Re: Video: Electrical Surge Traveling Down Power Line During Ice Storm

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm

Talk about zap every appliance in your house!

Daily Bread and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Video: Electrical Surge Traveling Down Power Line During Ice Storm Empty Re: Video: Electrical Surge Traveling Down Power Line During Ice Storm

Post by Crusader Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:29 pm

That was intense. I'm assuming those lines now have to be replaced? I work on solid state emergency power equipment and that's the kind of stuff that blows my equipment up.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Daily Bread and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Crusader wrote:That was intense.  I'm assuming those lines now have to be replaced?  I work on solid state emergency power equipment and that's the kind of stuff that blows my equipment up.
Shit, I know all too well!

Red Lily and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Wow! That was just shown on ABC Nightly News as a lead with much better clarity.

Brat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:43 pm

I just saw on ABC , they are going to impose rolling blackouts in Louisiana, too. Not sure if I beleive anything ABC broadcasts but I went and got a couple of propane bottles and put them inside just in case.

Talking about some serious cold tonight.

200 year old records will be broken.
Here , forecast low=13-14F with wind chills in the single digits or possibly down to -4F.

I'll consider myself lucky if my heating bill is $300 this month and no pipes to deal with! Lol.

Red Lily and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:04 pm

I have a shop sink in my garage.  The valves were frozen last night and I was worried about the pipes bursting over night.  I put a space heater under the sink to thaw the feeder valves and closed them.  It took about an hour to thaw them.  We were at 13F at 1000 this morning, but only 4 inches of snow. Rolling blackouts last night and today.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:39 pm

Crusader wrote:I have a shop sink in my garage.  The valves were frozen last night and I was worried about the pipes bursting over night.  I put a space heater under the sink to thaw the feeder valves and closed them.  It took about an hour to thaw them.  We were at 13F at 1000 this morning, but only 4 inches of snow.  Rolling blackouts last night and today.
I had a 20 pound propane bottle on my porch. I brought it inside and put a pipe tree on it and a little buddy heater on top. Lol.Popane frozen in the tank . It was only about 25% full. I have a cupla full bottles in the shop if I need them.

So far, no power loss here.

Brat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Leave a valve outside open with a slight drip . If you lose heat do the same with your sinks . A couple of gallons of lost water is a hell of a lot cheaper than a plumber .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:47 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Leave a valve outside open with a slight drip . If you lose heat do the same with your sinks . A couple of gallons of lost water is a hell of a lot cheaper than a plumber .
Drip ain't enough outside in this cold . 12 degrees .

Brat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next