Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country road shopping

4 posters

Go down

Country road shopping Empty Country road shopping

Post by EvilCat Breath Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:03 pm

When we moved to Idaho my son and daughter-in-law bought their house by pictures. They didn't really know where the house was. It's on the outskirts of town. Wayyyy on the outskirts. I mean, I see actual cows. The streets don't all have names. Driving to the grocery store there's a guy sitting under a tree selling strawberries! A dollar a basket. Huge strawberries. So, He says, "turn right at the next intersection, go three roads and turn left, right there, Mrs. Britt is selling eggs. Tell her George sent ya." Sure enough, a hand lettered sign "eggs". There was no one there. We knocked on the door. An older man answered. "George sent us to buy eggs." FIVE BUCKS A DOZEN.

Turns out these little places that like gardening are EVERYWHERE. They just sell this stuff right out of their backyard! The growing season is just starting! I'm going to eat my way across the state.

EvilCat Breath

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Country road shopping Empty Re: Country road shopping

Post by 2cent Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:15 pm

Good for you, ECB, on spreading your wings.  The Midwest truly is one heck of a special "place."  Enjoy!

Maybe you'll paint again. That is, if you haven't already?
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:23 pm

We used to get fresh veggies from Mr Sutherland in Red Oak. I had chickens and had home grown eggs. I sold a few dozen to neighbors. I plan to plant more fruit and nut trees than I can eat from. It would behoove us all to start preparing for the barter economy.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:40 pm

EvilCat Breath wrote:When we moved to Idaho my son and daughter-in-law bought their house by pictures.   They didn't really know where the house was.  It's on the outskirts of town.  Wayyyy on the outskirts.  I mean, I see actual cows.  The streets don't all have names.  Driving to the grocery store there's a guy sitting under a tree selling strawberries!   A dollar a basket. Huge strawberries.   So, He says,  "turn right at the next intersection, go three roads and turn left, right there, Mrs. Britt is selling eggs.  Tell her George sent ya."   Sure enough, a hand lettered sign "eggs".  There was no one there.  We knocked on the door.  An older man answered. "George sent us to buy eggs."  FIVE BUCKS A DOZEN.

Turns out these little places  that like gardening are EVERYWHERE.  They just sell this stuff right out of their backyard!  The growing season is just starting!   I'm going to eat my way across the state.

have you started  your own little garden yet?   Strawberries....this early?? He must have a greenhouse somewhere?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm

2cent wrote:Good for you, ECB, on spreading your wings.  The Midwest truly is one heck of a special "place."  Enjoy!

Maybe you'll paint again.  That is, if you haven't already?  

I have indeed started painting again. I even found an artist group to join. I have gotten into painting with AI. Instead of rummaging through reference material, I create the image in artificial intelligence, then paint it in oil. I show you all when I get one done.

EvilCat Breath

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:49 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
EvilCat Breath wrote:When we moved to Idaho my son and daughter-in-law bought their house by pictures.   They didn't really know where the house was.  It's on the outskirts of town.  Wayyyy on the outskirts.  I mean, I see actual cows.  The streets don't all have names.  Driving to the grocery store there's a guy sitting under a tree selling strawberries!   A dollar a basket. Huge strawberries.   So, He says,  "turn right at the next intersection, go three roads and turn left, right there, Mrs. Britt is selling eggs.  Tell her George sent ya."   Sure enough, a hand lettered sign "eggs".  There was no one there.  We knocked on the door.  An older man answered. "George sent us to buy eggs."  FIVE BUCKS A DOZEN.

Turns out these little places  that like gardening are EVERYWHERE.  They just sell this stuff right out of their backyard!  The growing season is just starting!   I'm going to eat my way across the state.

have you started  your own little garden yet?   Strawberries....this early??   He must have a greenhouse somewhere?

I would love to have a little garden and this yard is six times the size of any yard I have seen. But. It's not my house. Not my yard. When I suggested a little garden my daughter-in-law had a cow. It's her house. It's her yard. She doesn't want a garden. Not a veg. Not a flower.

EvilCat Breath

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:05 pm

well that is a shame.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:02 pm

EvilCat Breath wrote:
2cent wrote:Good for you, ECB, on spreading your wings.  The Midwest truly is one heck of a special "place."  Enjoy!

Maybe you'll paint again.  That is, if you haven't already?  

I have indeed started painting again.   I even found an artist group to join.  I have gotten into painting with AI.  Instead of rummaging through reference material, I create the image in artificial intelligence, then paint it in oil.  I show you all when I get one done.
Well that's wonderful news! Admittedly, I don't quite understand what you mean by "creat[ing] the image in artificial intelligence."
Looking forward to seeing the results.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down