Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The US economy under Biden

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The US economy under Biden Empty The US economy under Biden

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:22 am

1/ Employment is sky high. 353,000 new jobs in January. Employment is probably the best indicator. It is and has been way over expectations

2/ Inflation is uncomfortably high. A worldwide phenomenon, due to covid. It is coming under control well.

3/ Housing costs are high, again a worldwide phenomenon. In a way, this is not entirely a bad thing. It shows underlying confidence in the long term economy and good current conditions.
In contrast having a depressed housing market is bad

4/ The Dow Jones is breaking records weekly. This is good and reflects good employment. Again it shows underlying confidence in the long term economy and good current conditions.

5/ Manufacturing is running very well. This is great news.

Really, coming out of a pandemic, this is a very good report card.
Bidens CHIPs policy is still gathering momentum and will help the US for a decade.
The US future economically is looking worlds best

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

The US economy under Biden Empty Re: The US economy under Biden

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 am

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:10 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
4/ The Dow Jones is breaking records weekly. This is good and reflects good employment. Again it shows underlying confidence in the long term economy and good current conditions.
The S&P 500 climbed 25.9% between Biden's inauguration and Friday's market close, which is the last day of trading in 2023.

It rose 42.3% during the similar period for Trump, which was shortly before the COVID-19 pandemic sent stocks into a temporary tailspin.

Former President Obama topped them both, with an S&P 500 gain of 48.6% during the relevant period.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average has climbed 21.9% under Biden, whereas it grew 44.6% for Trump. The Nasdaq composite index is up 13.8% under Biden and was up 62% for Trump.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:46 pm

I can't figure this Sprint guy out. He has said in other threads that he wants Biden beat in the next election (as long as it's not Trump), yet here he is praising him on his handling of the economy. Am I missing something here? scratch
Keith
Keith

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:49 pm

Keith wrote:I can't figure this Sprint guy out. He has said in other threads that he wants Biden beat in the next election (as long as it'sout not Trump), yet here he is praising him on his handling of the economy. Am I missing something here? scratch
Keith, you're not missing anything, however, it appears Sprint guy might be missing quite a bit.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 pm

Keith wrote:I can't figure this Sprint guy out. He has said in other threads that he wants Biden beat in the next election (as long as it's not Trump), yet here he is praising him on his handling of the economy. Am I missing something here? scratch
I think both are unsuited as POTUS.
trump is more dangerous and unhinged

Just because I give a balanced view on Biden does not mean I praise him.
IMHO, he is far too old but has done well with the economy and failed badly on the illegals coming in.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:27 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Keith wrote:I can't figure this Sprint guy out. He has said in other threads that he wants Biden beat in the next election (as long as it's not Trump), yet here he is praising him on his handling of the economy. Am I missing something here? scratch

IMHO, he is far too old but has done well with the economy and failed badly on the illegals coming in.
Where are you getting your economic figures from? Biden caused the highest inflation rate in decades.
The list of his actual economic failures goes on and on.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Red Lily and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:20 pm

hurricanehook wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

Where are you getting your economic figures from? Biden caused the highest inflation rate in decades.

From here, sorry I forgot to link it.
Biden did not cause the inflation. The inflation is worldwide. One after effect of Covid is inflation
https://thehill.com/business/4514065-biden-economy-jobs-inflation-housing-stock-market/

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:24 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
hurricanehook wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

Biden did not cause the inflation. The inflation is worldwide. One after effect of Covid is inflation
https://thehill.com/business/4514065-biden-economy-jobs-inflation-housing-stock-market/
Your article says nothing about worldwide inflation.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:59 pm

hurricanehook wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:
hurricanehook wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

Your article says nothing about worldwide inflation.

World economies is something I have followed for decades. Inflation worldwide is well known, Brazil is about out of control
The US economy under Biden Git-q4-chart-1

https://www.euromonitor.com/article/global-inflation-tracker-q4-2023-inflation-eases-despite-high-economic-uncertainty

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next