Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Swiftys be Christian?

+4
Casey Jones
Keith
RV
Calypso Jones
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can Swiftys be Christian? Empty Can Swiftys be Christian?

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:24 am

https://www.crosswalk.com/headlines/is-a-christian-swiftie-an-oxymoron.html

Let me start by saying I like Taylor Swift because I like people. Most are aware of her astonishing fame: She is one of the most prominent music celebrities of the 21st century and has millions of devoted followers known as “Swifties.” Additionally, Taylor Swift says that she is a Christian. I’m not writing this to shame or criticize her but to help her and others. How do we help people if we don’t speak the truth in love? Silence speaks volumes.

The author of this piece is a father of 4 daughters.

He understands the power of influence.
We’ve all listened to questionable material (yes, even me), but we shouldn’t justify it by thinking that God doesn’t care because one of the ways that we love God is with our mind (Rom. 7:25). What we watch and listen to affects us at a very deep level — from depression and anxiety if we focus on unbiblical things — or hope and joy if we focus on God. Being selective has nothing to do with legalism; it has everything to do with wisdom. We are to recognize what builds us up and what clearly does not and then choose accordingly.

Now back to Taylor for a moment. Her song, SLUT, yes.  SLUT>...and we all want our daughters and sons singing that don't we. Then there's her song KARMA...and it lyrics say KARMA a god..”

The secular site the Daily Lobo said this about one of Swift’s controversial videos: “The video also included some interesting imagery pertaining to evil characteristics. In the first 20 seconds of the video, Swift is seen wearing dark clothing with a devil mask on, standing in hell. Then she blows a kiss to three grim reapers who are holding up the middle finger.” How can people think these things are acceptable?

Would a christian be talking about these things on social media... i mean in support of them, if they are christian?   Swift talks about casting spell and supporting abortion and sex before marriage.   She makes a lot of references to witches and then there's the lgbt1+ support.   Do parents not realize what she is pushing at their kids?  I don't think many do. Because they aren't paying attention.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can Swiftys be Christian? Empty Re: Can Swiftys be Christian?

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:39 am

Paul calls this the carnal state.

Carnality is a Biblical word that is not used much anymore but has a powerful effect on life. It means living life consumed by satisfying fleshly desires, feeding selfishness while serving the body and starving the soul. Carnality is the state of depravity.

2 reasons why a parent would ignore this influence in their child and in their home.

1. People claiming to be Christians are not genuine; therefore, they do not have the Holy Spirit convicting them. Jesus refers to this as being lukewarm and not truly knowing Him (Rev. 3:16). When we’re filled with the world, we love the things of the world: “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him” (1 Jn. 2:15).  like Swift. and many others.  

2. Or, the person is a Christian, but they are quenching and grieving the Holy Spirit by their lifestyle (1 Thes. 5:19). This is exactly why a Lutheran church can host ‘Tuesdays With Taylor’ without conviction as they connect her lyrics with scriptures.  WOKE churches.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:45 am

Calypso Jones wrote:https://www.crosswalk.com/headlines/is-a-christian-swiftie-an-oxymoron.html

Let me start by saying I like Taylor Swift because I like people. Most are aware of her astonishing fame: She is one of the most prominent music celebrities of the 21st century and has millions of devoted followers known as “Swifties.” Additionally, Taylor Swift says that she is a Christian. I’m not writing this to shame or criticize her but to help her and others. How do we help people if we don’t speak the truth in love? Silence speaks volumes.

The author of this piece is a father of 4 daughters.

He understands the power of influence.
We’ve all listened to questionable material (yes, even me), but we shouldn’t justify it by thinking that God doesn’t care because one of the ways that we love God is with our mind (Rom. 7:25). What we watch and listen to affects us at a very deep level — from depression and anxiety if we focus on unbiblical things — or hope and joy if we focus on God. Being selective has nothing to do with legalism; it has everything to do with wisdom. We are to recognize what builds us up and what clearly does not and then choose accordingly.

Now back to Taylor for a moment. Her song, SLUT, yes.  SLUT>...and we all want our daughters and sons singing that don't we. Then there's her song KARMA...and it lyrics say KARMA a god..”

The secular site the Daily Lobo said this about one of Swift’s controversial videos: “The video also included some interesting imagery pertaining to evil characteristics. In the first 20 seconds of the video, Swift is seen wearing dark clothing with a devil mask on, standing in hell. Then she blows a kiss to three grim reapers who are holding up the middle finger.” How can people think these things are acceptable?

Would a christiab be talking about these things on social media... i mean in support of them, if they are christian?   Swift talks about casting spell and supporting abortion and sex before marriage.   She makes a lot of references to witches and then there's the lgbt1+ support.   Do parents not realize what she is pushing at their kids?  I don't think many do. Because they aren't paying attention.

I really doubt that one can be a "Christian" and be a "star". Celebs would make a mockery of them. Plus if you look at the lyrics of her songs, they are not "Christian", God honoring, worshipful nor biblical in ANY, way, shape nor form. Ultimately it isn't you or I that will judge her but God Almighty. I can choose which artists I listen to and Taylor Swift will NOT be among them. I should add that I do not have any of her albums or CD's in my home either.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:05 pm

Can Swiftys be Christian? Q7a1fj
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:22 pm

Well, there are Christians and then there are "Christians". The latter refers to those who have probably never read the Bible in their lives and never been to church, and immerse themselves in every new social ill that gets introduced, yet try to cover up for it by saying they're religious. I would think Taylor Swift fans would fall into the latter category.

"Christian" is just another empty label that doesn't mean anything nowadays. Anyone can call themselves a Christian, even a total shitlib slut like Taylor. I think Swift is more of a secular humanist that tries to be family-friendly in that she doesn't go all-in on degeneracy like other singers.
Keith
Keith

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:42 pm

I hear you...but we really don't know what her level of degeneracy is.

I do think though she IS smart enough to know what she needs to politically and vocally support in order to be invited to all the right parties and get all the right awards and all the right friends. SUpport for abortion is the deal breaker right there. SHe is not a christian. She can claim to be no doubt in order not to worry her younger fans parents....to lull them into a false sense of security so they don't have to expend the energy of doing anything about it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:15 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I hear you...but we really don't know what her level of degeneracy is.  

I do think though she IS smart enough to know what she needs to politically and vocally support in order to be invited to all the right parties and get all the right awards and all the right friends.     SUpport for abortion is the deal breaker right there.   SHe is not a christian. She can claim to be no doubt in order not to worry her younger fans parents....to lull them into a false sense of security so they don't have to expend the energy of doing anything about it.

"Convenience christianity"
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:21 am

Let's just say she's sounding moar and moar like Madonna.

Same dynamic at work here...except that Tay-Tay has better makeup and wardrobe, because unlike Madonna, Tay-Tay has a big government stipend coming in.

But like the Material Slut, Tay-Tay is Age-Ing, and now wants to flaunt what's left of her sexuality.  Sorry...she's somewhere between a MILF and a Desperate Housewife with her kids off to university.  Age does not provoke eroticism, and I say that as someone twice her age.  

I've been there.  And I know how foolish an old man, or an aging former beauty queen, looks, when denying reality.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 am

poor old Cal Thomas....  Thought he had a new lease on life and dyed his hair red...which only accentuated his aging.

And Joe...has had Extensive Cosmetic surgery same as PElosi and maybe it does affect your brain at some point.

just looked up cal thomas. 81. actually he's younger than a lot of members of congress.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:54 am

Keith wrote:Well, there are Christians and then there are "Christians". The latter refers to those who have probably never read the Bible in their lives and never been to church, and immerse themselves in every new social ill that gets introduced, yet try to cover up for it by saying they're religious. I would think Taylor Swift fans would fall into the latter category.  

"Christian" is just another empty label that doesn't mean anything nowadays. Anyone can call themselves a Christian, even a total shitlib slut like Taylor. I think Swift is more of a secular humanist that tries to be family-friendly in that she doesn't go all-in on degeneracy like other singers.

Yeah, give me some Miley Cyrus for "all-in" degeneracy. Do it right. Can Swiftys be Christian? 773625082

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next