Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?

4 posters

Go down

I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?  Empty I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?

Post by Cotton Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:12 pm

The deeper I look into religion answers to religious/spiritual matters the less I find. Nothing that is logical
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?  Empty Re: I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:36 pm

God didn't create sin.  We did.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?  Empty Re: I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?

Post by Cotton Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:40 pm

How did we create sin? God had to create sin for humans to sin.

What are you saying? That God made the acts a sin after the fact?
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:05 pm

Cotton wrote:The deeper I look into religion answers to religious/spiritual matters the less I find.  Nothing that is logical

Your use of the word "logic" is illogical at best. God didn't "create" sin, He merely identified it as such. Humans rebelled against God and committed sin. Humans have been rebelling ever since and committing what God commanded them NOT to do.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:01 pm

Cotton wrote:The deeper I look into religion answers to religious/spiritual matters the less I find.  Nothing that is logical

You're looking is an excuse to find fault and confirm what you want to believe - that in your life there is no God . If I look into it deeper I find it logical that there is .
What you want to believe is your business but if your bringing it up ,its to stir up shit . What I believe is my business and I don't do it to I wonder why God created sin and damnation ?  720579256 so I don't bring it up .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 pm

it's an interesting question even if it is not accurate.   Why did God create sin.  He didn't is the pure and simple answer.    Maybe Cotton should give us his definition of sin and see if it coincides with God's definition.  Actually how does Cotton determine what sin is?   If there is no God, there is no sin.  right?

Maybe Cotton is not being obtuse...maybe something has happened?

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:33 pm

In case he doesn't come back...What does God's word say is the definition of sin?

Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God (1 John 3:4)

Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God.

and rebellion against God (Deuteronomy 9:7; Joshua 1:18).

7 Remember and do not forget how you provoked the Lord your God to wrath in the wilderness. From the day you came out of the land of Egypt until you came to this place, you have been rebellious against the Lord. Deut 9:7

18 Whoever rebels against your word and does not obey it, whatever you may command them, will be put to death. Only be strong and courageous!” joshua 1:18

then you might ask...well who is this God that he gets to set these arbitrary laws.  
He's the Creator of everything, The Ancient of Days, Infinite in all directions, going back going forward.  
You can believe that or not but he has put the knowledge of himself in us and whether we realize it or not...we base our concept of what is sin and what is good on His word.    

Frankly.  I consider myself and mankind very fortunate that the God of EverythingEverywhere is a good God because it could have been, but thankfully isn't, that he could have been a bloodthirsty, wicked, demanding god like the gods that man always creates.

thanks for giving me something to ponder tonite and realize just how fortunate and blessed that i am.
https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/romans-513-before-the-law-were-people-accountable-for-sin/
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down