Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trees

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trees                  Empty Trees

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:31 am

We were amongst tall trees a few weeks, a storm was coming. We have known these trees for years
They inspired me to pen this

Feel

Slender, tall , elegant, variegated, Cossetting Feel.

100’s meters high, alive, trunks twisting, arms flexing, leaves singing, Livening Feel.

Grace, fruit, oxygen, water, housing , food, Grateful Feel.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Trees                  Empty Re: Trees

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:26 am

Trees
God's renewable energy

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:48 am

Trees

The Worlds only renewable building material

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:52 pm

Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Trees are growing in deserts where there haven't been trees for tens of thousands of years.

Through photosynthesis trees take in carbon dioxide and convert that to sugars for food.  As a byproduct of this they produce and release oxygen.  The opposite to us.  We need oxygen to survive and trees need carbon dioxide.

So why are we clear felling vast areas and denuding the landscape of trees to erect useless wind turbines and make solar farms?
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:46 pm

Without trees, there would be no toilet paper. Or paper towels.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:49 pm

Red Lily wrote:Trees are growing in deserts where there haven't been trees for tens of thousands of years.

Through photosynthesis trees take in carbon dioxide and convert that to sugars for food.  As a byproduct of this they produce and release oxygen.  The opposite to us.  We need oxygen to survive and trees need carbon dioxide.

So why are we clear felling vast areas and denuding the landscape of trees to erect useless wind turbines and make solar farms?
Money

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:02 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Trees are growing in deserts where there haven't been trees for tens of thousands of years.

Money

Yes, of course. There's something to be said for depopultion too imo right across China, India and the Middle East.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:04 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Without trees, there would be no toilet paper. Or paper towels.

Without trees, there would be no place for Just Passin' Thru to pass to.

(that was my longtime former handle, on many other boards, for you folks from Oceana...)

Hawk, you are at home in water.

Me, I'm as much at home in the woods, as anyplace. I lived in the woods...in the Northeastern and Midwestern forests, where people would build right under the forest canopy. In California and the West, that's considered stupid - rightly so - because of the dry climate. In the Adirondacks, where a forest fire might erupt once a century, it's of no concern. The Great Camps (massive hunting lodges built by railroad barons and early auto investors) from the 1880s, are mostly still standing. The ones that are not, were taken down. Long story, the changing legal situation of title to land within the Adirondack Preserve.

Lightning would strike, and there'd be a small fire, and locals would say, Ayah, that's interestin'. Some low-rent permanent resident, living in a trailer or crude cabin, might go to bed smoking, and wake up with St. Peter. His neighbors would be pawing through the gaping hole in the woods that used to be his cabin. Nope, no raging millions-of-acres fire.

It would rain four days a week up there.

In Ohio...Cleveland was originally christened The Forest City. Because of the LUSH hardwood forest that grew in the region. Some areas, the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Cleveland Metroparks, various other tracts...and well-preserved suburban neighborhoods...all bear testament to that.

Trees are beautiful. They give color to the environment, in a way that grassland never can. I can admire the stark beauty of the Mojave Desert (where I worked for a year) but no, I would not want to live there. Not even if the air conditioning was free to me.

They're beautiful as saplings. It's amazing to watch them grow, in fertile soil...the neighborhood I grew up in, was an apple orchard before the builders bought it and subdivided it. Amazing rate of growth - a fir tree my father planted AFTER I MOVED AWAY, was over 50 feet tall, in the front yard, when I moved back from Colorado to go to work on the railroad there.

And, as Rush Limbaugh once famously said...one of the most beautiful things about trees, is all you can do with them after they're dead. affraid

I've always believed it. I learned it as a child and had it reinforced all my life. It was what the Environmentalist Left PRETENDED to believe...but now we here Billy Gates F Hell talking about KILLING all the trees, to get rid of **CARBON**.

Which just demonstrates, all they want is chaos. When people want to build, they'll protest for the trees. When people want to live in the country, Gates will demand the right to burn everything out.

What he wants is, death. To trees, and also to people.

Unfortunately, too many sheeple follow him, not of any conviction, but because they follow anyone who is imprinted as a leader, in their brain-stems.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Casey Jones wrote:...but now we here Billy Gates F Hell talking about KILLING all the trees, to get rid of **CARBON**.

As much as I cannot stand Bill Gates that's not the aim nor the intent so let's not get carried away!

If you're referring to the Kodama project what they propose doing is to increase forest productivity, prevent catastrophic wildfires and increase carbon capture by burying dead trees, which are a fire hazard, in an attempt to permanently store the carbon they've captured over their lifetimes.

That's not exactly "KILLING all trees to get rid of CARBON" but if you are referring to something else do you have a link?
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next